Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Service?

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Loutog 
#1 ·
I'm looking to have my first service done on my Pilot (oil change and a few little things that that need to be fixed) and was wondering if anyone recommends/prefers P.S. Honda or North Shore Honda? Both dealers are pretty close to where I live.

#5 ·
I ended up going to the Honda/Saab dealer on Glenn Cove Rd. Overall I was happy, they are a little inconvenient because of their location. However, I felt they didn't handle a problem I was having with a noise I was hearing correctly. Resulting in me waisting a day-off. I might try P.S. next time. They are allot more convenient, plus it's easier to kill a couple hours over there.
Thanks for the info

#6 ·
Brian said:
I ended up going to the Honda/Saab dealer on Glenn Cove Rd. Overall I was happy, they are a little inconvenient because of their location. However, I felt they didn't handle a problem I was having with a noise I was hearing correctly. Resulting in me waisting a day-off. I might try P.S. next time. They are allot more convenient, plus it's easier to kill a couple hours over there.
Thanks for the info
Hello

We live in Bayside, and purchased through Huntington Honda because North Shore and PS would not make reasonable deals on a trade for our Toyota Previa. (North Shore was more direct about it, while PS first offered a mixture of part of what I wanted for the trade plus a discount off of the sticker- but then the "manager "declined to approve the saleman's offer"after we had accepted it and were ready to sign the order- a dealer practice I both understand and abhor, so I terminated the discussion.

Huntington sold at list, but made an excellent trade offer, so we made the deal there. PS is probably more convenient for service, but Huntington appears to have a MUCH better overall facility.

We have just less than 2,000 miles so we have a bit to go (I'll probably want the oil and filter changed by 4000). I'd appreciate any feedback readers of this thread may have to provide about the service treatment they get from the local dealers.

I am attaching a gas mileage Excel spreadsheet should you want to use it.

Attachments

#7 ·
Loutog said:

Huntington sold at list, but made an excellent trade offer, so we made the deal there. PS is probably more convenient for service, but Huntington appears to have a MUCH better overall facility.

We bought at Babylon Honda mainly because it's closer to where we live but neither Huntington nor Babylon seemed willing to deal at anything below list. The only discount we got was on installation of the options. I hear on this site where people get deals below sticker or some number above invoice.

Has anyone heard about anyone getting a "deal" from a dealer on Long Island?

#8 ·
I also live on Long Island and was searching for a dealer that would go bellow sticker. I also needed a car right away and had a hard time finding a Pilot with the options I wanted. I ended up going to Queens and paying $500 bellow sticker.
After it was over I regretted not buying a Pilot from a local dealer and paying the additional $500 so I can be treated like "their" customer. Every time I walk into P.S. or North Shore the first question they ask me is "Did you buy your car here?" North Shore offers a rent-a-car on major work for cars that where purchased at their dealer. I'm not sure about P.S.
I liked dealing with North Shore service, but with no transportation it's inconvenient. I think I'm going to try P.S. for my next oil change.

I got my first oil change at 3500.

#9 ·
I purchase my Pilot at PS Honda they took me to a trip, because I want the truck so badly on August last year (two weeks before august 1st) low money at the trade for my 2000 accord and no rebate on the sticker price for the pilot.

Also they don't give you a rental even if you have your Honda-care plan you are on your own about renting.

The only thing I like about the PS is, you don't need appointment you drive truth and they take your car. Tuesday an Thursday they are open until 8:00 PM

#10 ·
Whatever dealer you end up with I'm sure that they are better than Hillside Honda, they are the worst. Good luck. Right now I'm in the process of trying to find another dealer that is not too far from me.

#11 ·
pilotoveraccord said:
Whatever dealer you end up with I'm sure that they are better than Hillside Honda, they are the worst. Good luck. Right now I'm in the process of trying to find another dealer that is not too far from me.
pilotoveraccord: Did you rate them (or slam them, as the case might be) on the "Dealer Ratings" page (on the main honda-pilot.org page)?

Attachments

#12 ·
Avoid Staten Island Honda.. The salesman was great but management SUCKS .Both the sales manager and finance manager. I will explain on a need to know basis.

#14 ·
I just moved to Port 6 months ago, so I don't know it that well. Where is Schreiber H.S.?
I live near the train off of Mackey.

#15 ·
Brian said:
I just moved to Port 6 months ago, so I don't know it that well. Where is Schreiber H.S.?
I live near the train off of Mackey.
Ah - new to the area!;) Welcome to PW! I like it there - close to the city, but not IN the city!
It's the local HS, which would mean nothing to you as a newbie unless you had older children. It's on Port Washington Blvd.

I grew up several miles from the train station, near the LI Sound.

#16 ·
I know the school. My kids are only in pre-school. Do you still live in the area?

#17 ·
Brian said:
I know the school. My kids are only in pre-school. Do you still live in the area?
No - Tucson, AZ, now. A bit of a change, eh? I couldn't afford Sands Point now. Possibly could afford Port. My family moved in the early 90's. It was an old colonial (1600's/1700's - amazing!). Really special. I can't go back. :( My kids have never seen anything on LI apart from Kennedy Airport! But Port is a great, safe place to grow up. We haven't been back to NY since August 2001. My family is still in the city, though, and all seem to want to move out west! :)

#18 ·
reputable honda service center ???

I bought my honda pilot in Ohio for 850 over invoice. I used to have an accord that I bought from Paragon Honda in Queens. I'm in the process of looking for a reputable service dealer. I used to go to Paragon for service. Any input will be greatly appreciated. I have a Pilot EXL stock w/ mud guards running boards and crossbars.

#19 ·
Re: reputable honda service center ???

wahoo75 said:
I bought my honda pilot in Ohio for 850 over invoice. I used to have an accord that I bought from Paragon Honda in Queens. I'm in the process of looking for a reputable service dealer. I used to go to Paragon for service. Any input will be greatly appreciated. I have a Pilot EXL stock w/ mud guards running boards and crossbars.
There were some "LI Pilot " posts you should look for- they talked about Queens / LI service . We went to Huntington Honda for some warranty work. They changed Oil. seemed OK for service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.