Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might help some of you with that seat noise.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't get the image to show up..... I'll keep trying!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
page one

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
page 2

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Got off the hook on the Pilot, but looks like the Accord is affected. Been noticings a slight shift or pop in the driver's seat sometimes when going around corners.

So I'm not crazy afterall!

·
Registered
307 Posts
and once again I am NOT in the vin range, but am definatly experiencing this issue.....

water pump
strut
drivers seat

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vegasdude

So sorry to hear that!

We have been lucky so far, we missed the water pump one on both Hondas. We did have that nasty noise from the strut weld, but he took care of that. Our biggest complaint has been the tires. Our first road trip we ended up with a flat & when we researched getting a new tire to match the rest discovered the low numbers in those GoodYears. So we replaced all 4. It changed the ride big time! When he did the weld thing, he found the aliignment was way in. That also helped the ride improve. It's funny how things feel normal until you make a change then it feels better!

Mrs. JC

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whitepilot

With the seats, you can probably still get them fixed. After all it's still new enough! I don't remember seeing a list about the struts, we just took it in & had it taken care of. The vans had the same weld do the same thing. (price we pay for not owning ones built in Japan) I was thrilled to not need the water pump done, that means it wasn't built during the faulty part era & we shouldn't have the problem. In therory anyway!

Mrs. JC

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SoapPlant

"So I'm not crazy afterall!"

:rolleyes:

Well, maybe not about the noises........

·
Registered
920 Posts
How does alignment affect the ride of a vehicle???

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tow was so far in that it was feeling like it was dragging the tires sideways! When we took our foot off the gas, it slowed down a lot faster than most cars. But it wasn't until having the alignment redone that we really noticed. It was about an inch tow'd in on each side! Now it feels good. It slows at a normal pace.

Mrs. JC

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
An inch??
That would have killed the tires in no time.
Maybe it was an inch after they did the weld fix, but I doubt before.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We did already have tire wear! I pointed it out on our pre-trip inspection. Mr JC did the weld fix & alignment the same day. We were actually happy to find a cause & not have one of those mystery problems! It's just hard to explain the difference now. When letting up on the gas was slower than we thought it should be, we blamed the weight of the Pilot vs. the Accord.... Now it's just plain normal! He's the primary driver of the Pilot & for about a week after the weld fix & alignment he had to tell me daily how happy he is with it now! The daily "I love my Pilot" was more specific. We have past 3000 miles & are VERY happy with it!

Mrs. JC:2:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Deceleration

Whats this weld fix? Yesterday when returning our new Pilot to the Dealer for paint issues I also asked the SM about the delayed coasting when foot is removed from gas pedal. Although only have 100 miles on it (basically from the dealer to home and this return trip) it was really a "different" feel. To me, upon removing my foot from the gas pedal there was a delay in the anticipated "coasting" and then a noticable (but slight) braking action of short duration and then it felt as if it was coasting but with more drag than any vehicle I've ever driven - and thats a lot of them (showing my age). Anyway, the SM told me he knew what I was talking about and it was caused by this new transmissions "fuzzy logic" system and that the mild braking action that I described was actually the transmission downshifting from 5th to 4th gear. Sounded logical to me but after reading the post about the misalignment and the fact that it still does not feel as thought it has that "free-wheel" coast sensation I plan to have the alignment checked pronto before get any abnormal wear pattern set into the new set of tires.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
weld/decel

seadog

The weld fix is for a "popping" sound coming from the front suspension. It was on the Oddessys also.

The decel problem I had sounded much like yours. When having the popping fixed it was realigned (standard proceedure) I discovered the "tow" was off by a total of one inch. Since then drag is gone & it just plain feels better!

I replaced the tires just because I didn't like the OEM Honda chose. These feel better to me... more meat, less sway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
PDF

Can someone post a printable PDF version of the Seat TSB or give a link to a webstite.......Please. Thank you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seat

I could try emailing you a GIF version
MrsJC

·
Registered
311 Posts
decel followup

Dealer reluctantly checked only the toe portion of alignment today on all four wheels - checked out ok. SM said he drives a pilot and his also feels like has a slight decel drag. So, guess will have to learn to live with it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
decel

seadog,

Sorry to hear that! Since it fixed our's, I was hoping it would be a fix for others.

Did you already have the weld done?

MizzouHavasu,

Did you find a printable version of the seat bulletin?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts