Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member here. My 2016 pilot touring was at dealer and they recommended to change the serpentine drive belt
with 76,000 mile on the odometer. They listed the service at $214.00 I bought a mitsuboshi belt for 25.00. Does anyone know of a link detailing how to replace the belt. I know there’s a separate bolt to release the belt tension. I just need a reassuring diy guide. I can’t find anything on the web for 2016-up models. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
From the online manual...not very detailed, but I think that is because there isn't much to it. The second file sort of shows the routing, but I would suggest you take pictures. The third one shows the "nut" on the tensioner that you use to relieve the tension.

I'd be interested in knowing what you find - usually belts last 100K and even then my experience has been that they still look really good.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
3rd Gen belt is different since there is no longer a power steering pump. Simply find a metric socket to fit the tensioner's fixed nut. A long breaker bar would help to leverage it. Here is the belt diagram.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts