• 2nd gen 09-11

• 2nd gen refresh

• Keep the crosstour!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this forum because as the title suggests, I’m considering trading my ‘13 crosstour for a pilot. I had an ‘06 crv that had 190k on it before it was totaled and then went for the crosstour. Purchased with 93k on it, it has taken me to 113k trouble free. Recently did the plugs, tb and wp. I’m familiar with all the service the pilot would need since I’ve got a V6 Honda now. Don’t get me wrong, I love the crosstour and would keep it if two cars made sense for me but at this point it wouldn’t. I do have a couple things I’m not fond of concerning the ct. Not a fan of the obscured view out the back, would really like a higher up ride (feels low compared to the crv), also not too happy with the 6 speed auto. Third gen pilots are out of my price range. With that being said, what year would you purchase and why? or would you keep the Crosstour? Looking forward to hearing from you all as the crosstour forums are pretty much dead lol.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I own two 2012 CTs and would prefer to drive that than my Pilot. 113k miles is not much on the CT. I would be on the keep it side.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
My vote was crassly partisan.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 1st Gen Pilot and a 2nd gen refresh. They have the same amount of miles on them. If I had a choice, I would go with 2nd Gen refresh. I like the seats better, and I like the positioning of the seats better. I like the appearance of the car. I also like the built-in bluetooth as opposed to the '03 where I have to have an adapter. I drove a CT back when we were debating it vs the 2nd gen Pilot. I did not like it for much of the same reasons as you.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
If you decide to keep the Crosstour, it's ok to talk about V6 engine stuff in the forum. I incur little objections. They haven't ran me off, yet. But yeah, the Crosstour forum is pretty dead.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
But yeah, the Crosstour forum is pretty dead.
Is that because they never break?
I don't think I've ever seen a CT, or if I did, didn't know what it was. Is it a Honda car or a Pilot with the back end missing?
Get any snow where you are in TX?
Cloudy here in FL but no snow ... yet?

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Is that because they never break?
I don't think I've ever seen a CT, or if I did, didn't know what it was.
Is it a Honda car or a Pilot with the back end missing?
It's a car.
I bought one new in 2012 and still own. It now has 257k miles. I bought another one salvage with 86k miles almost 2 years ago and rebuilt it in my garage.

Get any snow where you are in TX?
Cloudy here in FL but no snow ... yet?
It can snow here. It's rare. Like once every 10 years. We were 35°F this morning.

·
Registered
196 Posts
While I own 2019 Pilot Touring and love it very much (since I had very little issues with it so far at 24000 miles), I would recommend you look at the Passport: it sits higher, it is a bit faster and more stiff (sporty) than Pilot and it still offers considerable room inside. If you don't like the Passport, get 3rd gen after mid-cycle refresh, so 2019 or later with a 9 speed automatic (mine has been pretty good for me so far). Oh, and don't forget the AWD:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I own two 2012 CTs and would prefer to drive that than my Pilot. 113k miles is not much on the CT. I would be on the keep it side.
Thanks for your insight, I recognize your name from the ct forum. But there’s another reason I’d consider a pilot, the crosstour forum is a ghost town. It’s so nice to get replies on a post lol. Good to know I can post about engine here. I’m actually shocked at how dead the forum is because around here in WI, I see quite a few crosstours in my subdivision there’s 4 or more. Maybe they just sold well in Wisconsin? But it sure seems like I see them on the regular around here. Anyways, thanks again for the replies :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a 1st Gen Pilot and a 2nd gen refresh. They have the same amount of miles on them. If I had a choice, I would go with 2nd Gen refresh. I like the seats better, and I like the positioning of the seats better. I like the appearance of the car. I also like the built-in bluetooth as opposed to the '03 where I have to have an adapter. I drove a CT back when we were debating it vs the 2nd gen Pilot. I did not like it for much of the same reasons as you.
Agreed, I love the look of the 2nd gen refresh, and always have. Plus the updated modern features would be nice over the 1st gen. At the time of my ct purchase, the pilot was so much more $ for even a 2012, so I went with the Crosstour. Looking back now I probably should’ve gotten a 1st gen, but live and learn. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I own 2019 Pilot Touring and love it very much (since I had very little issues with it so far at 24000 miles), I would recommend you look at the Passport: it sits higher, it is a bit faster and more stiff (sporty) than Pilot and it still offers considerable room inside. If you don't like the Passport, get 2nd gen after mid-cycle refresh, so 2019 or later with a 9 speed automatic (mine has been pretty good for me so far). Oh, and don't forget the AWD:)
I’d buy a passport in a heartbeat if it was in my price range, but they’re still up there in price right now, give it a few years and I’ll probably get one. Although I’m a little hesitant with the 9 speed, I’d like to think most people don’t have issues with it. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Thanks for your insight, I recognize your name from the ct forum. But there’s another reason I’d consider a pilot, the crosstour forum is a ghost town. It’s so nice to get replies on a post lol. Good to know I can post about engine here. I’m actually shocked at how dead the forum is because around here in WI, I see quite a few crosstours in my subdivision there’s 4 or more. Maybe they just sold well in Wisconsin? But it sure seems like I see them on the regular around here. Anyways, thanks again for the replies :)
I check the CT forum 2 or 3 times a day, but ya, The V6 talk is obviously more here since that's all there ever was in the Pilot. The amount of Pilots sold eclipses the amount of Crosstours astronomically. Crosstour ownership is less everyday when they are wrecked and/or parted out. There are new to the forum, Pilot owners signing up every day. I would say that CT ownership is greater in the North than the South. I rarely see them in Texas.

Reactions: j35_fanatic

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Agreed, I love the look of the 2nd gen refresh, and always have. Plus the updated modern features would be nice over the 1st gen. At the time of my ct purchase, the pilot was so much more $ for even a 2012, so I went with the Crosstour. Looking back now I probably should’ve gotten a 1st gen, but live and learn. Thanks for the reply
What year was the 2nd gen refresh? I looked here and no mention of refresh... although the 2012 looks different (better?) than the 2011.
Honda Pilot | Pilot History | New Pilots and Used Pilot Values | NADAguides

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,593 Posts

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
If you decide to keep the Crosstour, it's ok to talk about V6 engine stuff in the forum. I incur little objections. They haven't ran me off, yet.
Keep up that Sumitomo crazy talk and it won't be long, pardner, tarred and feathered on a rail. :p

If you don't like the Passport, get 2nd gen after mid-cycle refresh, so 2019 or later with a 9 speed automatic (mine has been pretty good for me so far). Oh, and don't forget the AWD:)
That would be the 3rd generation refresh.

What year was the 2nd gen refresh? I looked here and no mention of refresh... although the 2012 looks different (better?) than the 2011.
Honda Pilot | Pilot History | New Pilots and Used Pilot Values | NADAguides
2012-2015 was refreshed. Different grille, wheels and a few added standard features.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
It's a car.
I bought one new in 2012 and still own. It now has 257k miles. I bought another one salvage with 86k miles almost 2 years ago and rebuilt it in my garage.
View attachment 143886

It can snow here. It's rare. Like once every 10 years. We were 35°F this morning.
I was on an overnight whirlwind trip last weekend to Austin TX. Arrived Sunday, after they had about 2" of SNOW!
FAH, closed the town down! LOL

OK, you're in WI? me too! in a burb of Milwaukee. You?

I check the CT forum 2 or 3 times a day, but ya, The V6 talk is obviously more here since that's all there ever was in the Pilot. The amount of Pilots sold eclipses the amount of Crosstours astronomically. Crosstour ownership is less everyday when they are wrecked and/or parted out. There are new to the forum, Pilot owners signing up every day. I would say that CT ownership is greater in the North than the South. I rarely see them in Texas.
Uh, excuse me, TX IS IN the SOUTH!

2012-2015 was refreshed. Different grille, wheels and a few added standard features.
Loving our 2015 we got a few months ago! I added heated seat covers, and OEM Key Fob Remote Starting. Winning!

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Keep up that Sumitomo crazy talk and it won't be long, pardner, tarred and feathered on a rail. :p

Tell them to make me a Mich tire, 3rd ranked in the High Performance category for around a $100 and I'll shut up. 😁

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,335 Posts
Cracking up in laughter at the images people have posted in this thread!

Sounds to me that you've kinda sorta come to the end of the road for yourself with the CT. I've voted in favor of the refreshed second generation. Its better looking than the first effort (with the HDMI grille) of the second generation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts