Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone...

My name is Stan...and I'm a Honda-holic :D

I just want to introduce myself to the board. I've been lurking around here for quite some time after doing some debating between the Honda Pilot and the Mitsubishi Endeavor. There are pluses and minuses for each but the Pilot seems to be the current leader.

I do not have a Pilot just yet. I want to see what they will offer for the next year's model. I currently have a 1995 Camaro Z28, 2002 Honda Civic EX, and a 2003 Honda Accord EX-L. I'm thinking of getting rid of the Camaro and the Civic for the Pilot since my wife and I will be expecting a baby in late January '04.

Although I hate my Camaro to death, I still love it only because it's my first car. I'd love to keep it but you know how that goes. Besides, maybe later in life, I get to pick up an S2000? :D

Anyway, thought I'd say hi and I look forward to racking up some posts.

BTW...anyone have any info on the next year's Pilots?

Stan

·
Registered
59 Posts
'04 Info

Hi Stan.. (everyone in the forum says at once..)

As far as I know, some change to the electronics (specifics not available yet, maybe voice recognition in the Navi?) and the option for saddle colored leather interior in the Nighthawk Black Pearl models. There are some new accessories as well.

From College Hills Honda in Wooster, Ohio:

2004 Honda Pilot
August Arrival
Expect some minor changes, mainly electrical features. No color changes. More information will be posted when we are permitted to do so. Nighthawk Black Pearl will now be available in both Gray and Saddle interiors.

New 2004 Accessories: New Fender Flares, Exhaust Finisher, Door Visors, Chrome Side Steps, Surfboard Attachment.

I think the Pilot is the better choice. Keep us posted on your decision!

Nighthawk Black Pearl
EX-L Navi

·
Registered
342 Posts
What, exactly, do you think electrical changes mean? Are they going to fix some issues or offer new functionality?

New accessories would be fun....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear (and read) that there are timing belt issues along with some misc issues with the Pilots. Is that the 2002 models or the 2003? If this was the case for the 2003, then it's probably more likely that I'll purchase the 2004 - with the hope that it has been fixed.

It's either save some money towards the end of the year on the 03s or get the latest and greatest when the 04s come out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just a guess

My thought is that the nav system from the Accord (voice recognition) will be used in the '04's...

Just a guess..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Timing belt issued resolved

The timing belt issue was identified and addressed. A number of Pilots (built in July '02 I believe) were recalled due to a bolt on the water pump that was rubbing against the timing belt that could cause damage to the timing belt. On the models that were affected, both the timing belt and water pump were replaced. There's a thread that contains this information out there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Supply and demand..

I'm not sure if we'll see any great savings (if any) in year end leftovers (if there are any!). Most of the dealers in my area have sold their bi-weekly alotment before they hit the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts