Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've somehow backed into something (I don't even remember what/when). No dents, fortunately. Some rather big pieces of paint peeled off the bumper. Well, the bumper is basically plastic, so at least it won't rust. It would be too costly and wouldn't make sense to replace the bumper. Anyone has good skills / techniques to share for doing this kind of touch up paint repairs? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I washed my Pilot Sunday for the first time since my return from our 3200 mile trip to SC. Just below the mirror on the driver's door was a 3/32" chip in the paint. :mad: Not sure how it could have happened - except possibly a rock thrown up by a passing vehicle. I'm assuming my local dealer has the little tubes of touch-up paint.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Most dealers have a "chips away" service that does airbrush touchup right on the lot. Most touch ups won't cost any more than $75. Might be something worth looking in to.
Thanks Tim! Sounds like that would be a good option for a large area - like the hood or bumpers. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I purchased an AutoSharp touch-up "pen" for my Sequoia. The pen works great for small chips, better than a brush. It has sort of a felt pen tip, and the pain goes right where you want it to go. (The color match was good, too). I purchased it from Autovisuals, here is a link:

autovisuals.com

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colorider said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

I'm assuming my local dealer has the little tubes of touch-up paint.
colorider: Your local Honda dealer should have the touch-up paint... I picked up mine (Sandstone) from the dealer a while back for about $4 (give or take)....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:

colorider: Your local Honda dealer should have the touch-up paint... I picked up mine (Sandstone) from the dealer a while back for about $4 (give or take)....
Thanks! From the picture, it looks like a small aerosol can. :confused: Did they also have the type with the small dabber brush in the screw-on lid?

rod

·
Registered
311 Posts
Touch-Up Paint

Got a container of touch-up paint from Tim a couple weeks ago along with my cargo tray. Container looks identical to one in the picture - mine is genuine Acura and is NOT aerosol. Contains .44 fl oz

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Hmmm, okay. Just looks different than the ones I have bought before. Does it have a brush in the lid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:

Kemosabe, have you had occasion to try the touch-up paint yet? I've had varying results with touch-up paint in the past. Then again, I'm awfully picky....every blemish stands out like a sore thumb to me.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colorider said:
Hmmm, okay. Just looks different than the ones I have bought before. Does it have a brush in the lid?

Thanks!
colorider -- I will check when I get home tonight (sometime after 10pm EST) and hopefully, I'll remember to post a response here for you unless someone else has already answered....

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Ziploc said:

Kemosabe, have you had occasion to try the touch-up paint yet? I've had varying results with touch-up paint in the past. Then again, I'm awfully picky....every blemish stands out like a sore thumb to me.
Ziploc: as you can probably tell from my response to colorider, I have not had the pleasure of using the touch-up paint yet -- the Pilot is still ding free as far as I can tell, but if you've driven anywhere on the Beltway near Silver Spring recently (the Colesville Road exit), then you know that MD SHA has milled the road (on both loops) and there are tiny pebbles everywhere!!!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
colorider said:

Thanks! From the picture, it looks like a small aerosol can. :confused: Did they also have the type with the small dabber brush in the screw-on lid?

rod
I have the same thing . Although I have not opened it (I hope I dont need to)...I thing its got a brush...kinda like a nail polish bottle...

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ramirami said:

I have the same thing . Although I have not opened it (I hope I dont need to)...I thing its got a brush...kinda like a nail polish bottle...
Be careful of what ramirami just posted... rumor has it that he bought his silver bottle from the cosmetics counter at Walgreen's... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:

Be careful of what ramirami just posted... rumor has it that he bought his silver bottle from the cosmetics counter at Walgreen's... :D
here is what it looks after the first application...:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
ramirami said:

Kemosabe and Ramirami.
I picked up a bottle this noon and used it on my "chip" tonight when I got home. So-so results after 2 very light coats. I'll apply another 1-2 tomorrow night.

Oh yes - it has a small brush attached to the lid.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colorider said:

Kemosabe and Ramirami.
I picked up a bottle this noon and used it on my "chip" tonight when I got home. So-so results after 2 very light coats. I'll apply another 1-2 tomorrow night.

Oh yes - it has a small brush attached to the lid.
Okay, you found your answer -- great!!! :) I just got home and unscrewed my bottle top and confirmed that it does indeed contain the tiny brush!!! :4:

What's the going rate from Honda for a small bottle like that these days???

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:

Okay, you found your answer -- great!!! :) I just got home and unscrewed my bottle top and confirmed that it does indeed contain the tiny brush!!! :4:

What's the going rate from Honda for a small bottle like that these days???
I paid $4.79 plus tax. The guy at the counter said that Honda had a price increase the day before - but I'm not sure if I paid the old or new price (long story).

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
seadog said:
Tim charged me 3.50 for the touch-up paint but, again, it was ordered and shipped with some other goodies.
Good price!!! Had I been ordering some other goodies, I would have ordered from Tim too. As it was - all I needed was the touchup paint (plus some crush washers).

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts