Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought 2020 Pilot Elite in Lunar Silver (love the vehicle, btw) , and interested in running board option with or without lights. Wife’s vehicle and she didn’t want running boards when we purchased. Links and pictures are welcome if you have. Thanks very much in advance for recommendations.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
I have the 2020 BE and opted for the cheapest running board and in a way it blended with the no-chrome trims of the vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2019 elite AWD in lunar silver. Have the lighted running boards and rear welcome light. Highly recommend both.
Thanks for responding. Do you have pics at night showing the lighting. I can’t seem to find pics online how the light shines to ground and/or just illuminates the board itself. Did you install yourself or installed by dealer at purchase or after market? Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for responding. Do you have pics at night showing the lighting. I can’t seem to find pics online how the light shines to ground and/or just illuminates the board itself. Did you install yourself or installed by dealer at purchase or after market? Thanks again.
I will take night pics tonight. Had dealer install them even tho lots of people say it is simple. I went out to service area and talked to tech while he did it. Having a lift makes all the difference, it was easy for him and I’m glad I didn’t jack with it at home. I tried to add the lighted door sills at same time but they didn’t have them in stock, but labor is saved if you do them at same time yourself.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! Really helpful. And these boards are Honda OEM lighted boards? Under what condition(s) do the lights come one? For example, any time a door is opened, unlocking the vehicle with FOB even if doors closed at night and day? other? Much appreciated. I wish I ordered at time of purchase And they’d be covered under new car warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! Really helpful. And these boards are Honda OEM lighted boards? Under what condition(s) do the lights come one? For example, any time a door is opened, unlocking the vehicle with FOB even if doors closed at night and day? other? Much appreciated. I wish I ordered at time of purchase And they’d be covered under new car warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You're welcome! I'm not 100% certain of all the scenarios. Any time the car is off and I unlock the car at night they are on. I can't remember if they are on when I open a door. Maybe SilverEagle35 will know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OEM lighted. Rear welcome light pics included also because it is a must have as far as I am concerned. Lights come on when door opened or unlock button on fob pressed. So when walking up to Pilot, press fob and you can clearly see all around vehicle with headlights, running board lights and rear light. Or if getting out of car, the lights are on to see before stepping out.

i have just about every OEM accessory available other than roof options and I don’t regret one of them. Yes they cost more but I got them all installed within 6 months of buying the Pilot, which I expect to keep for 10+ years so its a good investment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One key note:
The hitch and transmission cooler were the only items I bought at Pilot purchase (negotiated price of them + labor into final price). All other accessories were purchased online from either Bernardi or place in northern Cali that doesn’t sell online anymore (forget name). Catch them on free shipping and the deals are amazing. Dealer had no problem charging me labor to install boards I bought online. Everything else I had a Honda tech do as side job at my house to save money on labor, so that helped out BIG time. I think I spent around $4k total on parts online for Pilot, Civic and Odyssey and maybe another $6-800 on labor. After I knew I had a decent install cost for expert who did it daily, I went nuts. So making friends with a tech at dealer might be a good play. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One key note:
The hitch and transmission cooler were the only items I bought at Pilot purchase (negotiated price of them + labor into final price). All other accessories were purchased online from either Bernardi or place in northern Cali that doesn’t sell online anymore (forget name). Catch them on free shipping and the deals are amazing. Dealer had no problem charging me labor to install boards I bought online. Everything else I had a Honda tech do as side job at my house to save money on labor, so that helped out BIG time. I think I spent around $4k total on parts online for Pilot, Civic and Odyssey and maybe another $6-800 on labor. After I knew I had a decent install cost for expert who did it daily, I went nuts. So making friends with a tech at dealer might be a good play. :D
Thanks very much. I need to make friends who can do this stuff :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a set of TAC boards on myself the other day. Annoyingly, the distance between the bolt holes was slightly off on one of the sides, so I would up using a rotary tool to grind out the necessary clearance on the bracket. Also, I had mine in new england without running boards for 2 years, so some of the holes were definitely on the crusty side. But even with that all said, about a 3 hour install without a lift.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Recently bought 2020 Pilot Elite in Lunar Silver (love the vehicle, btw) , and interested in running board option with or without lights. Wife’s vehicle and she didn’t want running boards when we purchased. Links and pictures are welcome if you have. Thanks very much in advance for recommendations.
I bought the OEM lighted running boards for my 2016, and I'm really happy with them. Haven't had any issues with maintenance or wear in the 4 years we've owned it. Sorry I don't have any pics, but I think you've probably got enough pics int he thread. Self-installation was a snap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts