Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for Honda part #08V31-S9V-11035, the OEM fog light switch used in the 2004 Pilot. I have verified the part number directly from Honda, who informs me that it is a discontinued part. I have checked with many automotive parts suppliers, and no one has stock. I found a single listing with this part number on eBay, but it turned out to be for a fog light bulb with the wrong part number.

Any ideas where else I might try to find this OEM switch? Or has anyone tried any of the newer Honda fog light switches in the '04 switch bezel? I'd be happy with anything that fits without modification and looks like it belongs with the other two switches.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
15,673 Posts
Fog lights were a very rare dealer installed accessory. Options include looking at the other switches in the 03/04/05 era for one that fits there, even if the symbol is wrong. Don't ignore the Acura MDX as it was a twin of the Pilot back then.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Take a look at this Amazon listing for 02-05 CR-V. I'm pretty sure the dimensions of the slot is standard. This listing has good detailed pictures, take a look at the electrical connection to see if it fits the connection from your fog light. You can always order it and return it if it doesn't fit.

Genuine Honda 08V31-S9A-61135 Fog Light Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MIWM9AW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TnISCb9VB25SJ

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I have been looking for Honda part #08V31-S9V-11035, the OEM fog light switch used in the 2004 Pilot. I have verified the part number directly from Honda, who informs me that it is a discontinued part. I have checked with many automotive parts suppliers, and no one has stock.

Any ideas where else I might try to find this OEM switch?
Did you try Bernardi?
Their site lets you add the switch to a shopping cart.
08V31-S9V-11035 | SWITCH - Bernardi Parts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for all your suggestions! I have seen very similar looking switches for different years or models, but I worry that the mounting tabs may be slightly different or the switch cap might be too large for the opening or some other problem that will prevent it from fitting or working properly. I come from a manufacturing background and know that if the exact same part is used on different models they'd still all most likely be stocked under a single part number, and even though newer part number that replace older deprecated ones *might* fit, I'd prefer to stick with an exact match. Thanks again, you have been a big help! Wish me luck. :29:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For anyone who comes upon this thread... Bernardi.com and many other car parts websites list this part number and allow you to add it to your cart and even purchase it, but then when they try to order it from Honda and have it drop-shipped to you, they realize it is discontinued and not available, and they issue you a refund. This is what I encountered at a number of websites.

I decided to try Ikaros' (https://www.piloteers.org/forums/296061-ikaros.html) suggestion, above, and buy the OEM '02-'05 CR-V switch off of Amazon, p/n 08V31-S9A-61135. It arrived today, and it fits perfectly in the mounting hole. The cap is a very dark grey rather than black, and its finish is matte which makes it look even lighter. I may try to buff it smooth to make it look a little darker. The cap is very slightly narrower than the other two, so there is a little bit of a gap on either side. Not so much as to make it worth returning, though. I will live with it! Now to find some fog/driving lights to go with it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts