Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what security features the pilot has? Does it have rolling code technology for the remote? Does acura have a feature that allows you to call them and tell them that yiou locked your keys in the car and then give them a pin # and they unlock your car? Do the lights inside the mdx turn on when you push the unlock button, do the exterior lights stay on for a little while after you turn the engine off so you can see where you are going?
Is there some sort of indicator that you can see in the car that tells you the security system is armed?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
compaq said:
Can someone tell me what security features the pilot has? Does it have rolling code technology for the remote? Does acura have a feature that allows you to call them and tell them that yiou locked your keys in the car and then give them a pin # and they unlock your car? Do the lights inside the mdx turn on when you push the unlock button, do the exterior lights stay on for a little while after you turn the engine off so you can see where you are going?
Is there some sort of indicator that you can see in the car that tells you the security system is armed?
I don't know but I think the security systems in the MDX are similar to, if not the same as the Pilot.

The passive system in the Pilot has an ignition immobilizer that is overcome only with the coded keys that come with the car from the dealer. You may be able to duplicate the key at a locksmith but it will only open the doors, gate, and glove compartment; it won't start the car. My dealer said that replacement coded keys are about $80 a piece. You get two full keys and one valet key with the car. ( All keys will start the car but the valet key won't open the glove compartment. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the car home and there was an extra coded key in the glove compartment.) :)

The pilot also has, what I would call, a pseudo-active security system. It is set using the key fob. Press the lock button on the fob once, and it locks the doors. Press it a second time, the horn toots, and it sets the security system. The alarm will sound if the doors are opened mechanically without the key. It will not sound if the car is towed, moved, or a window is broken, but as soon as someone unlocks and opens a door, the alarm will trigger. Basically, it should surprise anyone who tries to slim-jim the door lock open. There is a flashing red light on the driver's door lock to indicate the system is on. Personally, I like this type of alarm. It won't trigger inadvertanly on a windy day or if someone just hits a body panel. Alarms just wake people up and piss off your neighbors; they don't stop cars from being stolen.

The radio has a security feature, also indicated by a flashing red light. If the radio is removed, or if power is removed for any reason (e.g., battery dead/disconnected) the radio is disabled and a code must be entered for it to work. The dealer gives you the code; don't lose it.

Perhaps someone who knows more about the Acura will post for comparison, or you can post the same questions to the sister site:

http://www.acuramdx.org/

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: Re: Security System

krygny said:

The pilot also has, what I would call, a pseudo-active security system. It is set using the key fob. Press the lock button on the fob once, and it locks the doors. Press it a second time, the horn toots, and it sets the security system.
Wait a minute - now I'm confused ...

I thought the security system was set on the first press and it just confirmed that it had been set when you pressed it a second time. Huh? Which is it??? :rolleyes:

And just when I thought I finally understood my Pilot...

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Security System

2GREENCARS said:

I thought the security system was set on the first press and it just confirmed that it had been set when you pressed it a second time. Huh? Which is it??? :rolleyes:

That may be. I think the security light does flash after the first press. But then what's the horn beep for? Could be superfluous.

I think I read a post where someone said if you set the security system with the remote, you have to disable it with the remote - if you open the door with the key the alarm will sound. I never confirmmed this. I do know that if you set the security system while in the car and open the door from inside, the alarm sounds (made this mistake while I was "playing" with it the first day I got it). You have to then turn the alarm off with the remote. It will continue even if you start the car.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Security System

2GREENCARS said:

This doesn't exactly address compaq's question, but you are correct in your assumption, 2GREENCARS!!! No need to be confused... :) :) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
I like the alarms, twice my alarm save me money first on the parking lot, I was 500 feet from the car and the alarm went off, a woman going out hit the door, I collected insurance info, second one parked at home, Snow all around this guy skip and hit my car, 6:00 am I run out fast and collect all the information.

The sound adjustment can be set up on this kind of alarm if you made it high if a truck pass by your alarm go off.

Also I like the feature from factory that opens only the driver’s door on the first attempt after the second open all the doors.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
compaq said:
Can someone tell me what security features the pilot has?
1) Does it have rolling code technology for the remote?
2) Does acura have a feature that allows you to call them and tell them that yiou locked your keys in the car and then give them a pin # and they unlock your car?
3) Do the lights inside the mdx turn on when you push the unlock button,
4)do the exterior lights stay on for a little while after you turn the engine off so you can see where you are going?
5) Is there some sort of indicator that you can see in the car that tells you the security system is armed?
1) Not sure, but I doubt it.
2) Acura, not that I'm aware of. Honda-Pilot, no, that would require some type of built in mobile phone technology.
3) If it like the Pilot, then yes.
4) Yes if you use the auto-off headlight feature.
5) One on the radio and one on the drivers door.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Re: Re: Security System

krygny said:

The pilot also has, what I would call, a pseudo-active security system. It is set using the key fob. Press the lock button on the fob once, and it locks the doors. Press it a second time, the horn toots, and it sets the security system. The alarm will sound if the doors are opened mechanically without the key. It will not sound if the car is towed, moved, or a window is broken, but as soon as someone unlocks and opens a door, the alarm will trigger.
http://www.acuramdx.org/

I am confused. So your EX alarm won't sound even if window broken? Yet Colousa said his alarm sounded twice because car got hit? Another car maybe?

I am pretty sure OEM LX alarm will sound if hit or window broken.

·
Registered
408 Posts
nop

won't sound try hit your window with you hand (soft don't brake it) should sound my does because I put an extra alarm for that.

The honda security is safe for starting and entry no for breaking a glass

·
Registered
160 Posts
about the expensive key

My sales guy told me that the keys are expensive because it has a sensor in them that when removed from the ignition the fuel pump is disengaged, making it impossible to be hot wired.:2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: about the expensive key

sagepearl said:
My sales guy told me that the keys are expensive because it has a sensor in them that when removed from the ignition the fuel pump is disengaged, making it impossible to be hot wired.:2:
:4: :17:

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: about the expensive key

sagepearl said:
Mine said exactly the same thing --- does the LX have this feature, too?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
colousa said:
nop

won't sound try hit your window with you hand (soft don't brake it) should sound my does because I put an extra alarm for that.

If you want to add a shock sensor to your OEM alarm, take a look through this web site.

Auto Tech Security Systems

·
Registered
747 Posts
Re: Re: about the expensive key

2GREENCARS said:

Mine said exactly the same thing --- does the LX have this feature, too?

immobilizer is standard for all Pilot. I believe for accord, too. Not 100%sure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
colousa said:
nop

FYI I think you are wrong on that. there is a specific "glass breakage"sensor on the Pilot OEM Alarm, at least the lx's optional alarm. http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilot/Security.pdf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts