Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I left my Pilot at the airport for 6 days. I know I armed it when I left. When I got back, the doors were still locked, but the LED was no longer flashing. I know when I'm away from my Pilot for less than a day, the LED is always flashing when I get back in....but is there some reason why it might no be flashing after a few days? Just curious.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It should continue to flash no matter what. I would watch it for a days and if it happens again...to the shop you gooooooooooo!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Is it possible since it was on for multiple days the system shut down the light? Kind of like when you let the doors open for a time. If it happens again try popping the door with your key and see if it activates the alarm.

You're right...I have no clue.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watch it for days

Well, it's unlikely I'll be away from my Pilot for that many days again for a while. And when I'm here, I use it pretty much every day. But I have been checking the light when I get in...even if it's only been a few hours. So far, no similiar symptoms.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
banningjr said:
Is it possible since it was on for multiple days the system shut down the light? Kind of like when you let the doors open for a time. If it happens again try popping the door with your key and see if it activates the alarm.

You're right...I have no clue.
I think this is a very logical answer ... can be a time programmed reflex by the alarm brain in order to reduce battery drain ... Is Honda that good and that thoughtful ? ...

I don't have a clue as well ...

PrG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts