Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had the cable on either of the second row seats break so that the seat won't recline or fold down? Dealer service department just fixed the seat behind the driver and said a couple of other Pilots had come in with the same issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah. Happened to me too. I just haven't taken it in to get fixed. I also need them to fix one of the Vents for the rear A/C and do the SRS software upgrade.
I'll probably just wait till my next oil change to have everything fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2nd. Seat drivers side won't fold down

Yes. I have recently discovered my 2nd row seat won't fold down. The dealer should have picked this up in the pre-delivery inspection, but did not. They have the part on back-order, as the first part came in broken. Did your repair/replacement work out OK ?

Paul:( :(

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the same problem.
After I close the seat to carry something kind of heavy, the seat didn't open ever since I found that last week. the dealer checked and other the parts (one week) dealer is going to replace the wire and else on friday the 18

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re. Seat won't fold down

Have appointment to have the new cable installed on Friday, 7th. November - hopefully that will be that ! Lets' hope this is not a Pilot weak spot as I want to keep mine for a good while !!
Paul
PS - If it does not go well I will report back...;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Colousa,
Where do you take your pilot for service and do they treat you well?

Just curious cause i'm in Queens and usually take the pilot to service in NJ. I'm trying to find someplace closer.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my small seat in the second row.
It was diagnosed in about five minutes and had to bring it back in a couple of days when the part came in. It was a cable assembly from the top latch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of what the dealer would charge for this? I recently bought a used Pilot (from a Toyota dealer) and found the same problem with the smaller 2nd row seat. The side lever works to slide the seat forward, but the top lever seems not be working...there is no tension in it.

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, unfortunately I do! Just had this fixed by an excellent independent shop. Cost about $200. Wish it had gone out while it was under warranty :( .

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you...so that is parts and labor?
Yeah...who knows when the one broke on my Pilot...the previous owners did not take the best care of it. I'm at 60K miles so I assume the warranty is expired for me as well...but I did get a great deal on it...and lovin it.

thanks again :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts