Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found my Pilot's second row light switches are not working properly. When I pushed the switch, it won't pop and it sticks to the socket while the third row ones are working perfectly. I took the car to the dealer, and they replaced the whole thing. But it still sticks to the socket. The service advisor told me that she's seen a few Pilots having a same problem. She suggest to file down the edge of the side so that it won't stick to the outer part of the socket. Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I'm having trouble picturing what you're referring to. Are you talking about the switch in the door that causes the interior lights to come on when a door is opened, or the lights in the grab handles?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jay said:
I'm having trouble picturing what you're referring to. Are you talking about the switch in the door that causes the interior lights to come on when a door is opened, or the lights in the grab handles?
I am talking about the lights in the grab handles.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
lhs-tx said:

I am talking about the lights in the grab handles.
Well, now I feel stupid, having spent a few minutes holding and releasing that plunger switch in the door, with no problems whatever, and get in to read the follow-up post. Now I'll have to try out the grab handle lights and see if they stick.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
lhs-tx said:
I've found my Pilot's second row light switches are not working properly. When I pushed the switch, it won't pop and it sticks to the socket while the third row ones are working perfectly. I took the car to the dealer, and they replaced the whole thing. But it still sticks to the socket. The service advisor told me that she's seen a few Pilots having a same problem. She suggest to file down the edge of the side so that it won't stick to the outer part of the socket. Has anyone had a similar problem?
no problems here..it works fine on both the 2nd and 3rd rows

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Unfortunately it's not a new problem, but it should be easily fixed with a replacement. They might be torquing the screws down too hard.

I checked the floor model last time I was in for service and it had a stuck light bar too.

Be sure you don't let it drain your battery.

·
Registered
207 Posts
lhs-tx said:
Yep, had that problem too. The dealer replace the light assembly and it works great now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Second Row Light Switch

01r1 said:

Yep, had that problem too. The dealer replace the light assembly and it works great now!
Even if the dealer replaced the whole thing, it is still sticked and never popped. I may ask them to take it apart and re-assemble.

·
Registered
483 Posts
lhs-tx said:
We have the same problem, its just on the pass. side in the second row, we will have this replaced at our next visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Had this problem too...got the light replaced...didn't fix it....just pissed me off. Took it back to another dealer, this kid looked at it, took a flat bladed screw driver out, did some kind of prying to bend something....and voila...it works perfect now. ...I know what you're thinking...pry on my baby...but since it was the dealer doing it...i fealt like...if he broke it, he'd have to fix it.....but we're good....works perfect now

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it myself, if the screw driver wont fix it I'm sure my hammer will. :2:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
tonyrwc said:
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it myself, if the screw driver wont fix it I'm sure my hammer will. :2:
You can fix anything with a hammer and 3 feet of duct tape, can't you.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
jay said:

I'm not the least bit handy so I have to be careful or...

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Duct Tape

Speaking of duct tape; happen to see in this mornings paper that it is now available in "clear" with better adhesive. I always thought the original stuff stuck well! My dermatologist even had me apply it to my neck over a partially healed area to reduce tissue scaring. I think it actually helped. Wonder if that's in the book of 1001 uses?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys, I know now why those lights in the grab bars get stuck. I noticed that when you grab the bar kind of hard and pull it when you are supporting on it, it bends down a little bit then the light gets stuck. If you push up the handle bar from the middle, the lights work just fine again. I just went and did that on mine.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
jay said:

This has worked for me. In my toolbox kit is a hammer, butter knife, duct tape (and for those delicate repairs) and super glue. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
florida_guy said:

I'm not the least bit handy so I have to be careful or...
a duck in duct tape.....ironic ??

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ramirami said:

or pathetic... :bonk:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ramirami said:
...or floridaguy will end up like the duck (i.e., another mis-adventure)... ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts