Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had this problem with the middle seat shoulder belts falling out of their holders?

Sure you have...

So what can be done about it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Falling Belts

Make sure to use both slots in each ceiling holder, the small slot for the fixed end of the belt and the larger slot for the sliding buckle.

If you do a search you should find prior posts on this issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Both of mine are, second and third row. There are a few posts on this subject. I think the best resolution is having them replaced. My next service, this is going to be address.

·
Registered
1 Posts
falling seatbelts

I have had the same problem, and have yet to come up with a solution. If you solve it, please post the solution. Thanks

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
In one year and 10 days, and 15,637 miles on my Pilot (but who's counting) this has only happened to me once, about 2 months ago. The third row belt popped out, hit the rear glass, and scared the beejeebers out of me. The third row belt had never been out of its holder before then, for any reason. I've even actually used the 2nd row belt a couple of times, and it has never dropped out of its holder, after being put back.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: falling seatbelts

schwabbie said:
I have had the same problem, and have yet to come up with a solution. If you solve it, please post the solution. Thanks
I don't think you can "solve" it. My 2nd row one has never come out, after a year. The 3rd row one, on the other hand, has several times. The dealer checked it for me and agreed to have it replaced under warranty (scheduled for next week as they had to order the part). If it happens to you, despite putting it in properly, the only option you have is to get it replaced. I think even with a new part, the problem could re-occur, especially if you take it in and out over a period of time.

Nothing is perfect and different things bother people differently. This is my only "beef" about the Pilot. A simple snap-in holder with a release button should have been designed by Honda. In my mind it is a design flaw.

·
Registered
991 Posts
One thing that drives me nuts is those loose seat belt latches in the second row! I have two car seats and try to get the buckle in the hole is a major task.

Not sure why Honda did not make the latch firm instead of flip flopping all over the place... one of those things I just have to get used to.

:4:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, mine do that too, both middle seat belts. It can startle you when that rear middle one comes out and hits the rear glass. I thought someone threw a rock at my window the first time it happened. Mine only come out when it's warm outside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got my 7,500 miles service and dealer is ordering new seatbelt holders for second and third seats. Hopefully this will resolve the issue for us; as we never even use these belts. Also having front driver side vent replaced. That slides up no matter where you position it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
2nd row seat belt buckles

I just noticed that the second row seat belt buckles are held against the seat with elastic that is sewn into the seat. What is the purpose of this elastic? Should I remove the seat belt buckles from this elastic or keep the elastic around them?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: 2nd row seat belt buckles

guitarman said:
I just noticed that the second row seat belt buckles are held against the seat with elastic that is sewn into the seat. What is the purpose of this elastic? Should I remove the seat belt buckles from this elastic or keep the elastic around them?
I wondered about this too. All I can think of is that it holds them in place for when you fold the seat down. Anyone else have any (better) ideas?

--Bret

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Re: 2nd row seat belt buckles

Actually, I found out the hard way what the elastic is for. See this thread: http://www.piloteers.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1634

Keep the buckles in the elastic and it probably won't happen to you!
bret11 said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by guitarman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wondered about this too. All I can think of is that it holds them in place for when you fold the seat down. Anyone else have any (better) ideas?

--Bret

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Sounds like the dealer will repair this problem under warranty. But here is a solution for the falling seat belts that works. You will not have to worry about the seat belt accidentally slipping out. This solution only works on the second row seatbelts. I am using a fastener called 3M Dual Lock. You just slide the seat belt back into the holder as usual, then push the buckle up to snap it in the 3M dual lock. If any of you are interested in this solution, send me an email. I will send you the 3M Dual Lock for free. Just send me a stamped self addressed envelope with 60 cents postage or send $1 via paypal. My email address is [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The 3M Dual Lock and the adhesive is stronger than velcro.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
This picture shows that the 3M Dual Lock does not interfere with use of the seat belt.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The last picture shows the second row seat belt locked in place with the 3M Dual Lock.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
wwong, you is the man! You are totally always helping out with these free products instead of selling (well I know you do that too). Just seems like you are giving more than selling more. Thanks for all the great info and products.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
FLPilot said:
wwong, you is the man! You are totally always helping out with these free products instead of selling (well I know you do that too). Just seems like you are giving more than selling more. Thanks for all the great info and products.
Maybe wwong should have admin change his username to MacGyver... :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
My Pilot was in the shop yesterday for the 22.5k service and other work, and they looked at the third row center belt holder, and agreed it was loose. They'll replace the holder under warranty when the new one arrives.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts