Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 EX-L still has got some life in her, but the driver seat is starting to bug me, I want it to be more cushioned and comfortable.

I'm curious if anyone has swapped in seats from a different car (an MDX?). I'm ok with the electronics not working and having to settle for manual adjustment.

I wanted to avoid cushioned car seat covers because I don't like how they look and I'm worried about how the universal ones will fit, but if anyone has good experience with theirs let me know!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
How about looking for Pilot seats at some local salvage yards? You might find something that suits your needs there. I did that successfully on a previous vehicle.

Just exercise caution when dealing with the yellow SRS (airbag) connections when swapping out seats. You don't want your job literally blowing up in your face. Disconnect the negative battery terminal a good 10 minutes beforehand.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How about looking for Pilot seats at some local salvage yards? You might find something that suits your needs there. I did that successfully on a previous vehicle.

Just exercise caution when dealing with the yellow SRS (airbag) connections when swapping out seats. You don't want your job literally blowing up in your face. Disconnect the negative battery terminal a good 10 minutes beforehand.
And don't re-connect the battery until you are POSITIVE everything is cabled up, or you'll be paying $90 at a Honda Dealership for the HDS to clear some codes.

--Chris N.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts