Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger seat heater has gone out for the second time. The first was under warranty and now again when I have to foot the bill. The dealer charged $120 to tell me that it needed another $500 worth of parts and labor. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a less expensive alternative?

·
Super Moderator
15,182 Posts
Seat heaters are pretty generic.

Your dealer probably subcontracts the job to an a auto upholstery shop in your area.

Make a few calls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
seat heater

Hi. I just replaced both of the heaters on the drivers seat of my 2004 Pilot last week. I bought the heaters from Majestic Honda (on-line), and installed them using the Honda Pilot workshop manual as a guide. Not really a big deal, but it did take the better part of a day. I took my time and had to fiddle with a couple of minor obstacles along the way. I could do it much quicker the 2nd time around. Anyway, the heaters work great now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed driver's seat lower heater!

Hello,

Thanks to some words of wisdom from Looper, I have also been able to change the lower driver's side seat heater in my Pilot.

The reason it fails is typically due to the seat cushion wire rubbing against the heating element wire. I saw in my replacement seat heater that an extra layer of protection (fabric) was built in to the new part in the exact area where the seat cover wire rubs. I went ahead and added so extra cushion in the same spot, just do make darn sure the element did not fail again.

If anyone needs some encouragement, just contact Looper or me!

dgilfillen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: seat heater

Looper said:
Hi. I just replaced both of the heaters on the drivers seat of my 2004 Pilot last week. I bought the heaters from Majestic Honda (on-line), and installed them using the Honda Pilot workshop manual as a guide. Not really a big deal, but it did take the better part of a day. I took my time and had to fiddle with a couple of minor obstacles along the way. I could do it much quicker the 2nd time around. Anyway, the heaters work great now.
Is the Honda Pilot Workshop Manual available online? Do you have a .pdf?

I have to do the same repair to both front seat bottoms. But am wondering if it's just a wire that's broken maybe I don't need to replace the pads at all.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I replaced my battery and now both heaters are not working any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get your issue resolved with both seat heaters not working after battery replacement? I am having the same problem and would like to know how you fixed it. PM me if you can

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed driver's seat lower heater!

Hello,

Thanks to some words of wisdom from Looper, I have also been able to change the lower driver's side seat heater in my Pilot.

The reason it fails is typically due to the seat cushion wire rubbing against the heating element wire. I saw in my replacement seat heater that an extra layer of protection (fabric) was built in to the new part in the exact area where the seat cover wire rubs. I went ahead and added so extra cushion in the same spot, just do make darn sure the element did not fail again.

If anyone needs some encouragement, just contact Looper or me!

dgilfillen
Well, I too am preparing our Pilot for the winter. The seats no longer get hot, so it looks like I get to replace the seat heaters. Do you know if the after market ones run hotter? Will the last longer? Is the project hard? New to the upholstery repair side of things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts