Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the 2004 Pilot brochures and it shows where the switches for the seat heaters are placed.

Does anyone know of a way to purchase that piece for an '03 EX-RES? Even better, is it possible to purchase the heating element, connectors, etc. through anybody?

Please let me know if these costs are going to exceed an aftermarket installation!!! I still like the integration that Honda did in the '04s

Maybe hondacuraworld can help me out here!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
DIY seat heaters

There is a company called Rostra Precision Controls that makes a seat heater kit. It is a universal kit that can be trimmed to fit most seats. It comes with the controller, switches and wiring harnesses. The switches mount on the plastic trim of the seat bottoms, facing the doors. The kits are $129+$5s/h. You can order direct from them. You can see the kits at Rostra.com. I have no affiliation with the company, and I have not ordered or installed the heaters.

You have the same issue with the passenger seat as the Honda heater--no lumbar heat on Passenger side. This is because of the side-airbag occupany sensor. I REALLY wouldn't goof around in that area.

If you really like the look of the stock switches, I'm sure you could order some from Honda and wire them to the Rostra heaters. But, the installation looks pretty clean the way they recommend. I think the scariest part would be skinning the leather off the seats. Not removing, but replacing so they don't wrinkle, etc. Seems even Honda has probs with that!

I did all this research and never got around to ordering. I have not been through a winter with the Pilot yet, so maybe I'll see if I want them after that. The wife's ML320 has them, but I hardly ever use them when I drive it.

Bob

·
Registered
277 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts