Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned the Pilot since Sept. I have recently noticed a large number of nicks and scratches on the interior pillars below the window level right behind the front doors. They appear to be coming from the seat belt buckles when the belts are released. Is this happening to everybody? Has anybody discussed this with Honda?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
happening to my honda too.....plan to discuss it when I go for my first service ...:3: :3:

·
Registered
920 Posts
ramirami said:
happening to my honda too.....plan to discuss it when I go for my first service ...:3: :3:
What is to discuss??? Don't bang your seatbealts off the B-pillar. I don't have any nicks because I am careful...

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
MG Pilot said:

Don't bang your seatbealts off the B-pillar. I don't have any nicks because I am careful...
so each time you take off the seat belt you carefully and slowly place it back....and never just let it go.....:6: :6:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I've always helped ease up the retracting seatbelt each time I exit, which isn't hard to do and has prevented the problems that have been mentioned by a number of Piloteers, not just ramirami and RRB.

But, marks/nicks accumulating on/near this pillar area as time goes on are inevitable. I recently noticed some small scratches on the interior pillar behind the driver door that somehow got there just from normal entry/exit from the driver's seat (e.g., metal button on raincoat pocket scraping against the pillar, zipper on lunch bag accidentally bumping the plastic, etc. etc.).

Maybe some aspects of the Pilot design could have been done a little differently to further discourage this kind of scratching. It could be mentioned to the dealer as feedback for Honda, but seatbelt nicks/scratches or any other scratching isn't a problem that falls within the dealer's bailiwick. I think most of us cannot expect to keep our vehicles perfect, and there will be some normal wear/tear that comes with the territory.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the "nicks" too, quite a few of them. Now the questions is - is there anyway to get rid of them?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've noticed them on mine...and now am more careful releasing the belts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm trying to think of some protection for the pillar area - how about something like the 3M clear bra?:27:

·
Registered
991 Posts
MG Pilot said:

What is to discuss??? Don't bang your seatbealts off the B-pillar. I don't have any nicks because I am careful...
Actually I am really careful too, but I have lots of nicks from the seatbelt in the same area as the rest of us. The material Honda has used in this area would not have been my number one choice.

My civic and GMC Jimmy both had zero nicks and I was never as careful with the belt then as I am with my Pilot.

Only real thing to do is buy a soft material and somehow stick it to the area where the belt hits.

I don't think there is really anything Honda can do for this?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dealer replaced plastic pillar that was all nicked up on the drivers side. However they had no permanent fix that would eliminate the problem. My wife cut out the toe of a small tan heavy cotton sock that matched the sandstone interior. Put the sock over the metal end of seatbelt. Even if we forget and release the seatbelt the sock makes contact with the pillar and not the metal. No scratches so far.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
david combs said:
Dealer replaced plastic pillar that was all nicked up on the drivers side. However they had no permanent fix that would eliminate the problem. My wife cut out the toe of a small tan heavy cotton sock that matched the sandstone interior. Put the sock over the metal end of seatbelt. Even if we forget and release the seatbelt the sock makes contact with the pillar and not the metal. No scratches so far.
Sounds like an easy and low-cost solution!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Love this idea!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts