Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the newbies, this won't mean much, but for those of us who have been here awhile, we have a great group of members who haven't been heard from in a long time. They are all excellent contributors who have made invaluable suggestions and comments in the months after the Pilot was released. My question is where are you all???

The people that I mean are PrG, pjl56, Threadhead, Autobahn, Cheesehead, r_hammel, banningjr, Soapplant and Copperpoppy (I know that you posted a new thread tonight, but that's the first time in weeks!!)
I am sure there are other long-time posters that I forgot to mention, please don't take it personally if I forgot you, these are the names that just came to me.

Where are you guys? Your company amongst the rest of us "oldsters" is missed!! ;) ;) Please come back soon--we all benefit from your thoughtful insights and points of view.:)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I saw something from PrG a couple of days ago. But I have been wondering about autobahn and r_hammel myself. I remember r getting irritated with people starting new threads over and over instead of checking current threads with a search. Maybe he just got tired of it.
I've worried especially about PrG and autobahn because of Iraq looming out there.

Please come back! We would love to hear from you guys.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Not sure about r_hammel but I'm sure Autobahn is out on some exotic European trip and will be back soon with pictures of his Havasu Pilot in some amazing scenery (or at least that's what I'm hoping!)

Chris

·
Registered
509 Posts
chiquita said:
For the newbies, this won't mean much, but for those of us who have been here awhile, we have a great group of members who haven't been heard from in a long time. They are all excellent contributors who have made invaluable suggestions and comments in the months after the Pilot was released. My question is where are you all???

The people that I mean are PrG, pjl56, Threadhead, Autobahn, Cheesehead, r_hammel, banningjr, Soapplant and Copperpoppy (I know that you posted a new thread tonight, but that's the first time in weeks!!)
I am sure there are other long-time posters that I forgot to mention, please don't take it personally if I forgot you, these are the names that just came to me.

Where are you guys? Your company amongst the rest of us "oldsters" is missed!! ;) ;) Please come back soon--we all benefit from your thoughtful insights and points of view.:)
Hey Chiquita, I'm here! I've been busy driving my Pilot and keeping it clean!

But seriously, I guess some of the information is now starting to become repetitive, by nobody's fault, and in many cases, I haven't felt I had anything new to contribute. I tried to remain active where I could, but sometimes don't want to beat a dead horse.

Plus, I've just got some new responsibilities at work, and its always tough when you're learning new things. And they changed my hours a little, and I'm a little out of whack right now, and a lot sleepy!

:23:

I've been looking for some nice scenic areas, to get some great shots of the Sandstone against the changing Fall leaves, and when we were driving through Jim Thorpe today, I resolved to myself and Mrs. SoapPlant to become more active in the group again!

Maybe its that sticker on my back window making me start to feel guilty!?

But thanks for noticing that I haven't been around as much lately. At least I know someone out there loves and misses me!

:10:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm still here also. I have been keeping an eye on the site but haven't been able to keep up with all the new posts. Like SoapPlant, I have been real busy at work and with the fall yard work at home (just aerated, tilled, dethatched, seeded, mulched, and top soiled my lawn - all over 3 week-ends and some week day evenings). This site just keeps getting busier and busier. I still love it but I just haven't had the time recently to contribute.

I'm amazed that my absence was noticed. Thank you very much!

I will shortly be posting a review of the Vent Visors that Tim @ www.hondacuraworld.com sent me with my recent order, so hop over to the Accesories group in a day or two to see the pictures. If you are interested, of course.

Oh, and still loving my Pilot.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great news r_hammel!! Also, can you let us know how long it took you to install? I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I see that I am now no longer the top poster ... Leave the site for a few days and see what happens .... I guess I will have to work to remedy the situation ...

I do appreciate the concern, Chiquita, as the pucker factor is beginning to rise, but life goes on until the call is made ...

As the others have posted ... things have been pretty busy. In fact, just got back from the Big Island, and have only been able to quickly surf new posts intermittently whenever and wherever I had access to the net.

I am amazed though at the immense growth of this site .... logging after a few days leaves one having to sift through hundreds, nearly a thousand posts ... Where does one find the time.

Upon my return, I did find that I parked my PILOT next to a sprinkler head. To us newbies here in Hawaii ... sprinkler water is hard water and the entire driver's side was white, pocked with water stains. Let me tell you, getting water stains off of your clearcoat is no easy task. I tried everything short of just repainting the entire PILOT. After a little research on the web, I decided to try a clay bar ... it worked well ... but it wasn't easy. It took me 5 hours to clay bar the entire driver's side and remove 99% of the water stains. Afterwards I decided to wax the car, another two hours in the dark. I could not make a fist with my hand nor lift my arm for the next two days. I think I might opt for professional detailing next time, or at least buy an electric buffer.

Anyway, it's good to be home ... I look forward to getting back into the forum and exploring the deeper and greater topics our PILOTs have in store for us ...

See you on the board ...

Oh ... I'll post some pics from the Big Island in the Gallery ....

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=23257#post23257

PrG

·
Registered
919 Posts
Welcome back PrG! Good to have you home.

As far as the remaining water spots, a good paint cleaner or swirl mark remover might do the trick unless it's etched badly. I do have a RO polisher. If you drive to Kentucky I'll help you out! :2:

Chris

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm on my way ... may take a few years though ....

Thanks for the offer ...

PrG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts