• Never had it on a Pilot delivered after 8/15

Votes: 26 32.1%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a major item...making me delay ordering and see no evidence it is fixed yet. So let's try a Poll.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Good idea to poll for this one. BTW- What is the reasoning for the 8/15 date? Is the date significant, or just an arbitrary line in the sand?

Chris

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why 8/15

Fairly arbitrary date chosen to see if Honda has made any progress within the factory since the first batches rolled off. By 8/15 they should have known the problem exists at least. I felt some indicator of time would be better than a yes/no. I could have split the VINs in half, but figured some folks don't nec know their VINS

·
Registered
310 Posts
While I don't wish the scrunch on anyone, keep in mind that just because someone doesn't yet have the scrunch, doesn't mean they never will. I developed the scrunch at about 1500 miles which, as of this writing, would be on the high end for someone who took delivery since 8/15/02.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Score so far

Looks like we are 50/50 on the earlier models. Will take a while for shear numbers and miles to catch up on the later ones. I thought about a question "did you get it fixed" would help but then figured it would complicate the poll. Besides....I think anyone with a fix on this board would be dancing in the street and sharing it with us anyway. I think the floating door theory sounds like it has the most merit, but what the fix is; be it minimizing the float or changing a trim part is what we are waiting for. I figure Honda has GOT to monitor these boards and use them for R&Q to minimize warranty costs and reputation loss. Now whether or not they "admit it"....that is another thing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a minor version of the scrunch. It seemed to develop at around 800 miles. It's only apparent on bumpier roads and isn't very loud so I'm content to leave it be for now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Remission

Driver's door scrunch still in remission @ 3 months/3K mi from original Shinetsu door seal treatment but I do get an intermittent rattle on rough roads. Also letting it go for now, until a permanent AH or forum fix surfaces.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bump for newbies.

The chatter regarding the scrunch has died down for the last few months. Hopefully this means Honda has solved the problem on the Pilots now and so should have a fix for those of us who took the plunge early.

Is anyone in the 15000 and up VIN series developing the scrunch?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just took delivery of an EXL-RES that was shipped from the factory on Jan. 23, and unfortunately, I have the dreaded scrunch on rough roads. It is not horrible, but still noticeable. So, it appears that it has not been fixed yet on the most recent Pilots.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Stone,
Really sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
There was also someone on the Accord Forum that said their 2003 Accord had this problem. So it's got to be a Honda thing. Funny thing is that I would'nt have even given it a second thought if I did'nt read about it in these groups. I have been enlightened!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts