Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read somewhere on this board that the scrunch problem wouldn't be fixed for 2004. Is this true?

·
Registered
449 Posts
yes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should this fact be enough to prevent me from getting a 2004 Pilot? And I had just come to terms with the fact that there's no sunroof or heated seats...

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you like everything else--

I wouldn't wait. A lot of people don't have the scrunch. There is a fix that appears to work for those that do. That is the application of a layer of teflon tape on the inside of the doors where it touches the rubber gaskets. You might pass on the Pilot only to buy a different vehicle that has a bigger problem than the scrunch and then wouldn't you be sorry.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Another short answer

SHINDIG said:
Should this fact be enough to prevent me from getting a 2004 Pilot? And I had just come to terms with the fact that there's no sunroof or heated seats...
no

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:rolleyes: please tell what me what's a scrunch because I don't have one!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sblvro said:
:rolleyes: please tell what me what's a scrunch because I don't have one!
sblvro: For lack of a better description, the word scrunch has been used unaffectionately here to indicate the sound that the door seal(s) make...

There are two long threads that can provide more (and better) discussions:

1. Window "scrunching" revisited...
2. I think I've figured out the SCRUNCH

There are other threads, but these two should be a good start for now... :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is a recent post from cowgirlup:

<<<<<
scrunching
riprock
I contacted my dealership they told me it was under Service News
titled : clicking from doors going over bumps or rough roads
The parts numbers are as follows:
72315s9va01za
72355s9va01za
72815s9va01za
72855s9va01za
>>>>>>

I am going for first service Sat. morning and will bring this info with me and see what they think. I believe these are part numbers for a new type of door seal. Will post when I get results.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just got back from honda dealer. First service is complete for 50 bucks. They DO have the note regarding the noise from door issue. The note says to replace with new seals which are low-friction. Of course they had to special order them, so I will post again once I get them replaced.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
kemosabe said:

sblvro: For lack of a better description, the word scrunch has been used unaffectionately here to indicate the sound that the door seal(s) make...

There are two long threads that can provide more (and better) discussions:

1. Window "scrunching" revisited...
2. I think I've figured out the SCRUNCH

There are other threads, but these two should be a good start for now... :)
:D sorry but my statement was made in pure jest! true, I have read about the threads regarding the scrunch and so far I have none.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sblvro said:

:D sorry but my statement was made in pure jest! true, I have read about the threads regarding the scrunch and so far I have none.
...in that case, then my answer was wrong -- you have to make sure you do scrunches to maintain your fitness!!! :eek: :D :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
LOL yeah, she should be doing them nekkid...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:eek: :eek: Is that the 2004 honda pilot extended bumpers? Sweet!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
sblvro said:
:eek: :eek: Is that the 2004 honda pilot extended bumpers? Sweet!
And it looks like Graphite Gray is an option after all!:D

·
Registered
608 Posts
mrvincent said:
Just got back from honda dealer. First service is complete for 50 bucks. They DO have the note regarding the noise from door issue. The note says to replace with new seals which are low-friction. Of course they had to special order them, so I will post again once I get them replaced.

mrvincent, are they replacing the seals on all four doors? if not, then which ones?

·
Registered
92 Posts
iivte, i think they are only going to replace the driver side door. Actually, i hope thats the only door they do initially. If it works out then I will request the remaining doors be done at a later date.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I was just at the dealer for the 18,750 mile oil change, and one of their best techs look for info on the new door seals. He couldn't find anything that Honda's released about the issue. Can someone post the article, TSB, or an invoice showing the work so I have ammunition for my next visit?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a copy of the piece of paper that the honda repairman gave me. There is no TSB numbers or anything like that. It has several paragraphs regarding fixes/issues with several honda models.

The one paragraph for the pilot is as follows:

Clicking From Door Going Over Rough Roads: '03 Pilot

Getting complaints from '03 Pilot owners of a clicking coming from a door when driving over rough roads? The problem may be too much friction in the door seal (this is the part that attaches to the body). To get rid of the noise, replace the door seal. The replacement seal has a low-friction surface.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts