Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely used to have the "scrunch" noise coming from my driver's window, when I would get up into the 60-70 mph range. But recently, lo and behold, I noticed that it seems to have just gone away on its own. I was wondering, has anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
920 Posts
The scrunch is not noticeable at 60-70 mph...only when you are driving at low speeds with little tire noise-

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The scrunch is not noticeable at 60-70 mph...only when you are driving at low speeds with little tire noise-
Well.............I did have it, and in my Pilot it was at 60-70 mph. My point is, I had it, and it went away...and I was wondering if this happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
154 Posts
JBucey:

Yours is the first post I've read (and I've read MANY!) regarding the scrunch noise occurring only at high speed. It has been well-documented that the scrunch occurs for most when driving over bumps at lower speeds (10MPH to ?).

Could it be the noise you experienced was something else?

ammdaddy

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've had my 03 for two weeks now. I have noticed a slight wind noise from the drivers side door or left rear door. I can't tell exactly where it is coming from. Then I have also noticed on the highway a sound coming from the right side of the truck like the sound of someone rubbing their hands on jeans or the slight sound of shuffling of paper. I have checked and there is nothing under the seats or around them. Are one of these the chatter sounds people are hearing? If not, any suggestions?:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I'm not sure if mine is gone or going away or, more likely, I'm simply used to the sound now and not paying as much attention to it... Maybe I've subconsciously turned up the volume on the radio more to mask it...

·
Registered
657 Posts
In my previous note, I meant scrunch not chatter. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i had my pilot for about a month. i too am getting some wind noise from the driver window area at speeds not quite approaching highway. i'm not sure exactly what "scrunch"ppl are talking about though. can someone please just clarify what it sounds like? thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Me Too

I did have the scrunch, it was driving me crazy but now, 1 year later and 28,000 miles I dont hear it anymore. I wonder if the weather stripping has "worn in"

·
Registered
260 Posts
My wife's previous vehicle, an 01 Quest, had the same problem. It drove me nuts. I did pretty much everything the folks here in this forum tried on their Pilots, but all the 'fixes' were only temporary. But around a year ago it finally started diminishing and eventually disappeared altogether.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ammdaddy said:
JBucey:

Yours is the first post I've read (and I've read MANY!) regarding the scrunch noise occurring only at high speed. It has been well-documented that the scrunch occurs for most when driving over bumps at lower speeds (10MPH to ?).

Could it be the noise you experienced was something else?

ammdaddy
I don't know what posts you've been reading (and I've read ALL of the scrunch-related posts), but it is "well documented" the scrunch mostly happens at higher speeds. There are OTHER noises that happen while going over bumps at lower speeds, but not the scrunch.

I've driven 3 different Pilots with the standard issue scrunch problem. They all only accurred on the highway.

Ammdaddy, you need to do a search. Just search for "scrunch".

You must be referring to another issue....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Scrunch

My 'scrunch' happened at all different speeds but the new door seals seem to have eliminated that problem.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My scrunch is really noticeable at lower speeds (10mph+). When I go over speed bumps at a few mph, I hear it when the front wheels hit the bump but not the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts