Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to speak with a Honda district rep today regarding issues with my vehicle and a pending visit by a field engineer next week. The noise from door and window gaskets (scrunch) was discussed. She indicated that this was the first time she had heard of a complaint from this area. NOW is your chance to let them know it is a problem, if in fact, you think it is. I will hand deliver the thread to the district rep. BP

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bill, please let the Honda rep know that I have reported and spoken to the service manager at Darrell Waltrip Honda in Franklin, Tenn., about this. One of his service techs told me that several Pilots had come back in with the same problem, and told me that it was a "known problem" and that Honda was working on a fix.

The service manager, however, said he had not gotten any official fix yet from Honda, but their service department has come up with their own fix which they've tried on two vehicles "and they haven't come back yet."

The fix involves refitting the door itself, he said. I'm not at all clear about what they're planning but I'm taking it in next week to see. Will let you all know...

Meanwhile be sure to let the rep know that the problem has been widely observed and supposedly reported to Honda by this Nashville-area dealership.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TopMomm

Formally Bill Price - Left my Pilot at the dealership today and picked up my shiney new 2003 Impala rental car. The field service engineer and the district rep will be at the dealership Monday to look at the vehicle and hopefully solve my issues. I included your reply from the thread in the packet of info regarding my disappointments. No front extra sounds from the front end, gasket scrunch, or rear suspension noise in the Impala. I feel 20 years older riding in it though! Will keep all informed. Thanks BP

PS - Pat Peck Honda in Jackson MS had to Sage Pilots in stock thisafternoon. One with leather and one without. No Nav or Picture show options. I like my silver better, but they were nice. Doug Smith is one of their salesmen. BP

·
Registered
310 Posts
TopMomm said:
Bill, please let the Honda rep know that I have reported and spoken to the service manager at Darrell Waltrip Honda in Franklin, Tenn., about this. One of his service techs told me that several Pilots had come back in with the same problem, and told me that it was a "known problem" and that Honda was working on a fix.

The service manager, however, said he had not gotten any official fix yet from Honda, but their service department has come up with their own fix which they've tried on two vehicles "and they haven't come back yet."

The fix involves refitting the door itself, he said. I'm not at all clear about what they're planning but I'm taking it in next week to see. Will let you all know...

Meanwhile be sure to let the rep know that the problem has been widely observed and supposedly reported to Honda by this Nashville-area dealership.

TopMomm, Please let us know about your results with the door refit idea. I came down with the window scrunch today at about 1500 miles. Arrrggghhhhhhh!

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts