Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, when re-installing my Yakima crossbars on my Pilot, I accidentally scratched a spot on the top of the roof rails....deep enough to reach the silvery bare metal. :eek:

What can I do to patch this area? I doubt there's a touch-up paint specifically for the rails...and what can I do to match the surrounding texture?

Now I'm kicking myself for removing my crossbars...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Any satin black touch up paint will do...

A car is a car and it will evidentually get little door dents and scratches on it. Such is life.

How is snowboarding going in So Cal this season? The wife loves our LX when we drive up to Lake Tahoe. She appreciates the LX so much, she had to drop a cool $1k on new boots and skis.

With 4 people on a ski trip, I find the rear of the LX is fully packed with bags, boots, etc. One little project for this summer is to build a removable wooden shelf for the trunk. That way, I can put the boots on cargo tray and our bags on the shelf.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can also try a Black Sharpie permanent marker as an interim solution. It matches very well with anodized aluminum. It takes a while before it fades.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Any satin black touch up paint will do...

A car is a car and it will evidentually get little door dents and scratches on it. Such is life.
I know...but I've stupidly caused two chips...one on the rails and one on the door (I bumped it with the edge of a coworker's snowboard).

How is snowboarding going in So Cal this season?
My wife and I bought the Pilot because we got hooked into snowboarding. We're season pass holders at Mammoth this year (headed up every weekend from late January through late March). Bought the Pilot after our second trip this season. And we will be heading up again tomorrow morning...which is why I was reinstalling the crossbars for our snowboard rack.

We've had all kinds of conditions this season, but went up on the weekends opposite of the big powder days. On our last trip, we enjoyed everything from amazing spring conditions (hit low 60's) to serious snow, but had to leave before it really came down.

We thought our season was done, but more than 3 feet has fallen during this week...couldn't resist. Today must be amazing (in the 20's under clear skies with 2"-3" of freshies)...but I have to work.

she had to drop a cool $1k on new boots and skis.
We renewed our pass for next season and I bought a new board and bindings. :D

With 4 people on a ski trip, I find the rear of the LX is fully packed with bags, boots, etc.
With our boards on the rack, we find we have exactly the right amount of space for a four. Bags, boots, etc. actually fit underneath our cargo cover...we can even put a little cooler on the floor just behind the center console. Of course, we pack light and usually only go for only three days, two or three nights.

You can also try a Black Sharpie permanent marker as an interim solution. It matches very well with anodized aluminum. It takes a while before it fades.
Is the rail aluminum? If so, I shouldn't have to worry about rust, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts