Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone Scothcgarded their Pilot's cloth interior? Any issues with the color bleeding?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes.. and there was no color bleeding on my grey cloth interior. Good thing I did.. The next day, my five year old dropped a chocolate ice cream cone on the back seat. A damp spong and the mess was gone. Go for it.

Peter

2003 Honda Pilot EX SS

·
Registered
509 Posts
PeterF said:
Yes.. and there was no color bleeding on my grey cloth interior. Good thing I did.. The next day, my five year old dropped a chocolate ice cream cone on the back seat. A damp spong and the mess was gone. Go for it.

Peter

2003 Honda Pilot EX SS
Sounds like he/she might be sitting on the roofrack for the next trip!?

:2:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've Scotchguarded my saddle cloth interior. No bleeding problems. I used "regular" Scotchguard for the seats, and the carpet & rug formula for the carpet & mats. I coated the backs of the rear sets too so they're protected when folded flat.

My son spilled some sunscreen on the back seat, and it wiped right up! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
HenryFan said:
Hi
Can you tell me where you got the Scothcgard? How did you apply it to the seat?
Thanks!
Scotchguard comes in an aerosol can and is simply sprayed on the fabric. You can find it at most auto part stores and the large retailers (e.g. Walmart.)

Peter

2003 Honda Pilot EX SS

·
Registered
2 Posts
My company makes the fabric for HONDA and I was involved in the development of the fabric. The colors will not run. We also do not recommend using Scotchquard but if you must you should reapply after you clean up a spill otherwise you will get a spot that will attract dirt much faster than the rest of the seat.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Scotchguard 'tips'

If you have kids and need to drive your Pilot everyday, it is very hard to apply as recommended. The can says you should apply in a well ventilated area, allow to dry throughly etc...

I have found that a big open carport/garage is the ideal place to park when applying SG, becuase you need to keep the windows open & out of the sun.

Before spraying the seats I use one of those velvet faced "as seen on TV" lint brushes to work up the napp and get the last bit of lint off the seats. Work form the seat creases toward the front edge/top.

It is best to spray the carpets last, when you are out of the vehicle, as the carpets soak-up more of the SG than the seats & you will need to stand outside of the vehilce to spray the carpets. Start at the centerline of vehicel and work towards doors

I applty the stuff almost to 'soaking', and let it dry 12+ hours. Works best with 'watery' stain items (like soda, coffee) put also helps prevent protein/fat stains too (ice cream, ketchup, chocolate) BUT NOT WELL ENOUGH TO PAY DEALER!! The products they use work no BETTER and if you have to reapply after shampooing, what is the point??? Don't believe me? Ask for a "demonstration". They will hem & haw sawing things like "we have to sell all these cars as new and YOU wouldn't want to hear somebody slapped a popsicle on YOUR car seat..." Offer to bring in a piece of upholstery and have treat/demonstraton that -- more waffling...

You are BEST to just go to WalMart and buy a few cans and block out some time to DIY!

PeterF said:

Scotchguard comes in an aerosol can and is simply sprayed on the fabric. You can find it at most auto part stores and the large retailers (e.g. Walmart.)

Peter

2003 Honda Pilot EX SS

·
Registered
273 Posts
Okay, mfcjr1, what do you recommend for the interior??? (if anything) :confused:

mfcjr1 said:
My company makes the fabric for HONDA and I was involved in the development of the fabric. The colors will not run. We also do not recommend using Scotchquard but if you must you should reapply after you clean up a spill otherwise you will get a spot that will attract dirt much faster than the rest of the seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
pjl56 said:
Okay, mfcjr1, what do you recommend for the interior??? (if anything) :confused:

Wipe the spill/stain ASAP with damp cloth. Dried spills are harder to remove. Any upholstery cleaner will work fine check the shelves at Walmart or your favorite auto parts store. I have used a Turtle Wax product in the past that works well (don't remember the exact name) . For most spills you shouldn't need to saturate the fabric just wipe enough to remove stain. Let fabric dry then brush fabric with a soft brush like a shoe shine brush.

My wife will not let my kids eat in the new car but I'm sure that won't last long, knowing my kids.

Leather is very good with kids. Note that I bought leather. But the fabric in the Pilot is very good quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts