Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a text notification today that the local Pull-a-Part had a 2004 put on the lot. My son and I raced down after work and picked some parts. Seriously the biggest coup was a working keyfob! I got it home and found a programming video for it, and it is working great. The only one my friend had when I bought the Pilot last month was suspected dead, worked for one week on a new battery and then gave up again.

I’ve seen keyfobs on their price list but I’ve never seen one in any car I’ve crawled through there!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sweet deal! I just bought an 07 myself and looking to replace my existing with a flip out version and then have a valet key cut to have as a spare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Once you go flip, you won't go back.

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/69-2003-2008-pilot/14982-program-2005-pilot-key-2.html#post845162 . That's how I went about it.

I did it again for my second fob. Very happy.

For my first one, which works fine to this day, I went with this model, which I later discovered allows you to open it up just where the remote electronics are to change the battery without having to completely separate the two halves and then struggle to reassemble the spring mechanism.

For the second one, I went with this model because the area you attach your key ring is smaller and just in the middle, rather than the entire width of the fob like the first one, so it makes just enough of a difference so that my other attached dangling keys don't hit my knee, which had been driving me nuts (well, a little) since day one. I cursed Honda for placing the ignition switch too low on the steering column. I know, first world problems, but now that issue is solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts