Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on a scan tool that can reset the CBMS on a 2017 Pilot? I've looked at a few tools, but I
m wondering if someone has a tool already and know what functions are available.

·
Registered
87 Posts
HDS is what you need. Nothing commercially available scan tool under $800 would do any such voodoo magic.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Where can you get HDS? Is this what you are talking about?

That looks like the older unit that supported up until 2007 models. The current unit costs around $8,000 (or $10K) just for the hardware and the annual license fee is around $1500.

My initial response above was something along the lines of a joke.

On a side note, you can reach out to Autel (Autel) and see if they can provide a solution that would satisfy your concern. Autel units are very prevalent and many of the mainstream Automotive Techs use them for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shows what a noob I am LOL. After reaching out to Autel I ordered a MaxiCom MK808 unit. It appears to have the ability to perform this reset. I’ll post back the results after it arrives. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So... I got the unit in, it was able to clear the trouble code and the MIL on the dash for CMS immediately went out. This tool also has several other cool functions. I’ll drive for a bit and see if the warning comes back on. If it does, I’ll let everyone know what my next steps are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts