Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for something that i can pull stats on a laptop.. any recomendations ?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
just ECU or do you want to pull ABS and SRS codes too?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything if i can .. i am looking at the ObDlink Sx with the full pro software from www.scantool.net

I saw this tool in action from a couple different users on youtube

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Let us know what package you end up going with. I’m currently using a Foxwell scanner after not having good luck with a laptop based OBD2 scanner dongle some years ago.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok So after a few days playing with this product that I mentioned above.. fast quick shipping I sound like a damn ebay or amazon commercial :)
software and hardware installed with no issues on windows 10 platform. License key was emailed to me the next business day once i ordered the full version.
Things I noticed with the free version it's free ... so things are not all available but it does function pretty nice. On the free version you have a few options to play with ..On the full version it makes you of crap I can really do damage with this thing ! .. LOL One thing I did like about the paid and the free version was that
you can pull Honda codes in this interface on the free and paid version. Originally i think the software was written in German or some where in Europe..English is NOT the primary default ..you can select this once installed . Lot's of goodies to play with real time monitoring everything from the cats right now to you battery.. On thing i was able to see was the feature to test your O2 sensors real time ..two of mine have passed the other two failed ..hense the codes i'm currently showing.. Nice little product very easy to use once you understand how things are setup
yes there is a little reading to do ..Only One issue i came across was that when you first open the app it defaults to a serial port connection .. Mine was usb..easy fix

Hope this helps

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like my Foxwell NT530 handheld scanner, seems to communicate with all onboard modules, has nice bidirectional functions too. $180 from foxwelltool.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like my Foxwell NT530 handheld scanner, seems to communicate with all onboard modules, has nice bidirectional functions too. $180 from foxwelltool.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes i also have the NT650 pro series as well so this laptop scanner is not my only toy to play with :) ..the price dropped even further for the T530 it's now $169

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Playing with HDS and J2534 adapter from the ebay. So far no dice but I have not tried everything yet. If it works, it is a $10 scan tool.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cable with the software "OBDlink" scan tool was only 29 bucks .. it works once you figure out the USB settings

1 - 9 of 9 Posts