Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found info on this site from time to time...but never joined. Figured I would go ahead and do so since I have a few questions here and there.

I purchased the used 2012 Pilot Touring back in 2017 with 39k on it. Was just over $25k purchase price. I maintain it, but this is my wife's vehicle and why I never joined before. I have a GMC Sierra and am an active member on a forum regarding my truck.

Neal

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Transport

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Welcome to the forum and don't worry, we are a pretty forgiving bunch. We won't hold it against you that you drive a Got Mechanic Coming. 馃槅

Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha! Fortunately I am my own mechanic for most stuff!

Reactions: Daltongang

Administrator
Haha! Fortunately I am my own mechanic for most stuff!
That we will wait and see. It all depends on what color of Haines BVD's you use for shop rags. :ROFLMAO: I'm sure that someone will pop in here to welcome you and explain. 馃ぃ

Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to mention the Pilot has 90k on it now and I will be doing the timing belt service soon.

(186k on the GMC 馃榿)

Registered
Glad to see you finally signed up, Neal! Welcome... Now that pic of the Sierra is outdated, I know you at least have a retrofit done...

That we will wait and see. It all depends on what color of Haines BVD's you use for shop rags. :ROFLMAO: I'm sure that someone will pop in here to welcome you and explain. 馃ぃ
Well if he wants to search through @Nail Grease 3,000+ posts he can find the picture of them, but we don't want that smut in this thread!

And I've seen Neal's work from my Silverado forum days, he can turn a wrench and troubleshoot some things that I wouldn't attempt, and I'm a pretty solid wrench turner.

Reactions: Daltongang

Administrator
Okay, we might as well get this out of the way right now. Max Life ATF fluid or not? Your whole street cred rests on your answer here. No Pressure.

Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to see you finally signed up, Neal! Welcome... Now that pic of the Sierra is outdated, I know you at least have a retrofit done...

Well if he wants to search through @Nail Grease 3,000+ posts he can find the picture of them, but we don't want that smut in this thread!

And I've seen Neal's work from my Silverado forum days, he can turn a wrench and troubleshoot some things that I wouldn't attempt, and I'm a pretty solid wrench turner.
Nope...that one is current. I ditched the other headlights and went back to stock. Just did not like the aftermarket look as much.

3k posts?...thats nothing! I am ak 15k on the other forum! haha I have been very active there.

Lots of wrenching under my belt. But still learning. What I have done and know about...I enjoy sharing and helping others.

Okay, we might as well get this out of the way right now. Max Life ATF fluid or not? Your whole street cred rests on your answer here. No Pressure.
I am not super brand hung up on fluids. I do stick to Mobil 1 oil with the truck and pilot...but mainly since I can get them cheap with a rebate. I have had both vehicles transmission fluids exchanged (what some call a flush) at a shop and just used what they have as compatible. They use Pennzoil stuff. To me, as long as it meets the ratings specified by OEM...generally you are good to go. Though I have never used Walmarts branded Supertech in anything other than my lawnmower. haha

Reactions: aggrex

Administrator
Nope...that one is current. I ditched the other headlights and went back to stock. Just did not like the aftermarket look as much.

3k posts?...thats nothing! I am ak 15k on the other forum! haha I have been very active there.

Lots of wrenching under my belt. But still learning. What I have done and know about...I enjoy sharing and helping others.

I am not super brand hung up on fluids. I do stick to Mobil 1 oil with the truck and pilot...but mainly since I can get them cheap with a rebate. I have had both vehicles transmission fluids exchanged (what some call a flush) at a shop and just used what they have as compatible. They use Pennzoil stuff. To me, as long as it meets the ratings specified by OEM...generally you are good to go. Though I have never used Walmarts branded Supertech in anything other than my lawnmower. haha
Oh man.....It's back to school for you. You definitely will catch some flack for that one.

If you are from Texas there are four requirements. Green Haines Shop Rags, Rotella Motor Oil, Max Life ATF and Sumatomo Performance tires for all the high speed winding, twisty Texas highways. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
I'm with Neal, I still stick with Mobil wherever I can... their ATF didn't say it was DW-1 compatible at the time so I didn't use it. And their DexVI isn't full synthetic so the Valvoline won the Traverse as well since their DexVI is full synthetic. If Mobil gets their act together for my ATF needs, I'd switch back.

Registered

Oh man.....It's back to school for you. You definitely will catch some flack for that one.

If you are from Texas there are four requirements. Green Haines Shop Rags, Rotella Motor Oil, Max Life ATF and Sumatomo Performance tires for all the high speed winding, twisty Texas highways. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 139221
馃う鈥嶁檪锔 Good Grief!

Registered
2012 Honda Pilot Touring
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I have found that you can't please everyone....and some folks are very, very attached to their opinions. Especially on a forum. haha

Administrator
I have found that you can't please everyone....and some folks are very, very attached to their opinions. Especially on a forum. haha
Yep, I think in time you will come back to this thread of yours and see the humor or at least attempted humor in it that you are not aware of at this point.

There are lots of good folks on this forum and sometimes a body just can't resist having some fun with them. 馃榾

Registered
I'm willing to learn and admit when I'm wrong. 馃檮

Registered

Registered
1 - 20 of 40 Posts