Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, our Pilot will go into the hands of a local radiologist. We've sold her to a new owner and my wife is going to get a new Accord sedan. She and I are out of the whole "SUV" craze :p and she's excited about having a sunroof, 6disc in-dash CD changer, etc. My wife and I traded her '01 Accord EX-VL for the Pilot and she really missed some of the "extras" that were in the Accord.

Our ownership of the Pilot has been great. We've placed over 13k miles in less than 9 months. It's been fun and I thank you all and this board for a great time in post reading and thread starting. Take care.:D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that you'll be leaving us, airgate. But I'm glad to hear that your decision to sell the Pilot was not out of bad ownership experience. Have fun with your new Accord!:)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Congratulations on the new Honda Accord, but sorry you'll be leaving us. I too would love an Accord Sedan, but 3 young kids just won't fit in one. If you get the V6 let us know how much you love it in the 1,000lb lighter vehicle. Have fun!

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Good luck w/the new wheels. The new Accord's a nice car...lotsa features for the $, too! I'm not thrilled with the look of the pooper, but the interior is nicer than most of the Acura line IMO. :29:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
If you ever feel homesick for the Pilot, airgate, feel free to drop on by and say, "Hey!" Enjoy your new Accord!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Always seems like a struggle to get folks on this board to post something.:confused: :rolleyes: :p I've posted many threads where it easily garners 100+ views and no replies.:p

At any rate, we still have the Pilot until Monday. I will be selling the hitch and wiring harness for a fair price if anyone is interested.:)

Also, the PanaVise Cell Phone mount that fits in the Pilot very well.

Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm curious as to why you have an "extra" cell phone holder, and not using the one provided in the center console?

I think I know the answer though, is it because you can't actually SEE your phone in the console? It's a great place to store it, but you can't see what's going on with it. I'm starting to realize that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Take care, Airgate.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good luck with your Accord, Airgate!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pilot-1 said:
I'm curious as to why you have an "extra" cell phone holder, and not using the one provided in the center console?

I think I know the answer though, is it because you can't actually SEE your phone in the console? It's a great place to store it, but you can't see what's going on with it. I'm starting to realize that. :rolleyes:
Well, you pretty much summed it up but it's also because a full-install Nokia handsfree kit was installed in the Pilot and that hardware (cradle) has to be mounted within easy reach.

Besides, add some clutter, CD's, drinks and that little phone space becomes nearly impossible to reach.:p

·
Registered
409 Posts
We Will Miss You!

Sure will miss you here but know you will love the new Accord.

Come back and say hi from time to time. The door is always open.

Don & Brenda

·
Registered
920 Posts
airgate said:
On Monday, our Pilot will go into the hands of a local radiologist. We've sold her to a new owner and my wife is going to get a new Accord sedan. She and I are out of the whole "SUV" craze :p and she's excited about having a sunroof, 6disc in-dash CD changer, etc. My wife and I traded her '01 Accord EX-VL for the Pilot and she really missed some of the "extras" that were in the Accord.

Our ownership of the Pilot has been great. We've placed over 13k miles in less than 9 months. It's been fun and I thank you all and this board for a great time in post reading and thread starting. Take care.:D
Nice one...You are now again buying the car you essentially had before you bought the Pilot?? Talk about lack of planning and foresight---

Good luck with you $32,000 Accord---

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Saying Goodbye to our Pilot.

MG Pilot said:

Nice one...You are now again buying the car you essentially had before you bought the Pilot?? Talk about lack of planning and foresight---

:rolleyes: Geez, how long did you work up this reply?:confused:

I'm glad that our personal finances are such a concern to you.:p

The healthy demand for SUV's and the Pilot alike has helped keep the resale value of these Pilot's high. This is why we are getting a tad over payoff. In the end, all we lost was the money we paid into American Honda, but we were using the Pilot during that time. Let's see, selling for $29k, minus the $31k we paid, is a $2k loss. However, factor that over 9 months and 13k miles.;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey Airgate,
I'm still going to look you up the next time I'm in New Bern!
And don't be a stranger around here. Feel free to visit from time to time.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Originally posted by MG Pilot Nice one...You are now again buying the car you essentially had before you bought the Pilot?? Talk about lack of planning and foresight---
I don't know, the re-designed Accord might be worth a trade in from an '01 - the interior turned out pretty nice.

But you probably would have lost money going straight from one Accord to the other. Our Dealer initially wanted to chop the value of our '00 Accord trade in below market value when we bought our Pilot, just because the redesigned Accord was coming out in a few months.
Hope you enjoy the new Accord. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Airgate, sorry to see you go:(
I love my Pilot, I really do, but that Accord looks so :drool: SWEEEET! :drool:
I didn't dare drive one because I'm sure I'd have to have one of those too:D:
Best wishes and much fun driving your new Accord.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm considering the Accord V6 NAV and the Pilot EX. The Accord comes with more options (some you have mentioned) for less, but I just love the look of the Pilot.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Accord in my future

Right now the "Mutt and Jeff" combo of a '03 Pilot EX and '98 Civic EX sitting in my driveway is doing just fine.

But Airgate, your post reminds me that when mileage indicates it's time for my trustworthy Civic to move on, I already know that it will be replaced by a ('04 or '05) Accord EX sedan.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good luck. The Accord is fine car. I test drove a 03 Accord EXL-Nav the day I bought my Pilot. Boy was I impressed. I took her on the freeway and I couldnt believe how much power the puppy had. The Ergonomics are brilliant as well. But I i'm preaching to the choir. Anyways, If I didnt need an suv for camping, snowboarding, etc. I would've gotten an accord. Have fun.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of the kind words.:) My wife and I got into the new Accord this morning and I took some final pics. I'll share them later tonight.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts