Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Save on Shipping

525 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BigBossDan 
#1 ·
For those of you making purchases across state lines or across the country, check with Fastenal Company to save on shipping costs. My son works for them and they offer "3PL" Third Person Logistics, using mostly their own trucking line. You can save a substantial amount over shipping through the big names. I'm talking mostly truck freight here. My son has told me that his store has received old pick up truck cabs, antique blacksmith anvils, engines and various equipment. You need to deliver your shipment to a local Fastenal store (they are all over the country) on a pallet. They will take it from there. Your buyer will pick it up at their local Fastenal store. Most have forklifts to help with loading and unloading. The way they save is to ship on available space on their trucks so this is not the fastest way to get something across country but it is the cheapest I have found. You can find all the info on their website fastenal.com, look for the "3PL" button. I've shipped heavy electrical components and sound equipment and saved roughly 50%. I don't get anything from them for advertising this service, nor does my son. I am simply passing on a way to save some money on shipping. This forum has helped me a lot and I'm just trying to giving back.
Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.