Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KYB is currently offering a rebate on select Shocks, Struts, and Strut / Coil Spring / Mount Assemblies. Now through June 30th, 2020, buy four qualifying KYB products, and receive a pre-paid MasterCard for up to $75! KYB ride control products are vehicle specific and designed to restore or improve upon the original ride quality of the vehicle. Find KYB parts for your car, SUV or truck under the "Suspension" category in the RockAuto catalog. Watch for stars
indicating rebates are available and save even more on RockAuto's already reliably low prices.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,296 Posts

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
Time to buy shares of Valvoline and RockAuto (if they ever get around to an IPO). :)

Look, they do have an opening in Marketing. Pays well but most of all you get to live on a hip isthmus. :)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Time to buy shares of Valvoline and RockAuto (if they ever get around to an IPO). :)

Look, they do have an opening in Marketing. Pays well but most of all you get to live on a hip isthmus. :)

Awsome!
Let's see if I qualify for the position....
  • Bachelor's degree in Marketing 👎
  • Possess a wide range of marketing knowledge 👍including concepts such as Reach, Frequency, Cost/Benefit Analysis, CPA, CPC, CPL, CPM, CPP, CTR, PPC, ISCI, ROI, Traffic, Sales Forecasting, etc.👎
  • Proven success demonstrating sound marketing judgement👍
  • Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify problems and implement solutions👍
  • Effective negotiating skills and proven ability to verify or disprove other parties’ claims👍
  • Proficient at writing and editing👍
  • In-depth knowledge and hands-on proficiency with current social media platforms👍👎
  • Desire and ability to work independently, initiating and executing your own projects without direct supervision👍
Must be able to work full time from our Madison, WI office 👎and have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship.👍

Preferred but not required:

• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or other image design software👎
  • Experience with HTML, JavaScript, CSS and other web design tools.👎
Having been in sales all my adult life, the 1st requirement on this list would be the reason you don't get the job.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
526 Posts
The rebate ad is a little misleading since it says "up to $75", but that's only if you buy 4 Strut-plus assemblies. For my 1st-generation Pilot, it only has shocks in the rear. I ordered rear shocks and front Strut-plus assemblies for the front, so I will only qualify for the $50 rebate. But with the additional 5% RockAuto coupon plus free shipping on already low prices, it's still a good price that I couldn't find anywhere else. My only issue is getting the darn boxes delivered. I ordered more than a week ago, and according to the tracking numbers, they've been on a FedEx truck in my town for the past 5 days. Every morning it'll say "on vehicle for delivery", no truck shows up, then they go back to the local office every night, get rescheduled for the next day, then get delayed again. RockAuto has shipped 10 different boxes to me in the past 10 days, they all get shipped quickly, but FedEx is really struggling on the delivery side.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
I ordered more than a week ago, and according to the tracking numbers, they've been on a FedEx truck in my town for the past 5 days. Every morning it'll say "on vehicle for delivery"
Looks like FedEx liked those KYBs so much they literally put them on their truck. :p

rimshot then crickets

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
526 Posts
Looks like FedEx liked those KYBs so much they literally put them on their truck. :p

rimshot then crickets
I just hope they don't get beat up too bad with all that travel. A few weeks ago FedEx carried my replacement bumper reinforcement for 3 days on their local truck before delivering. When it finally got here the box was really destroyed, and the bumper was scratched in multiple places from falling out of both ends of the box. At this point, I would pay extra to ship it any other carrier. UPS and even the regular mail has been doing an awesome job lately. I've got a video of a FedEx driver picking his nose knuckle-deep while carrying a box to my porch a few weeks ago, wearing no mask or gloves. A few days later a FedEx driver stopped at the end of my driveway, and literally tossed my RockAuto box out of his door without getting out, leaving the box partially in the road. It was the discharge hose for my A/C, and the aluminum tubing was bent out of shape when I opened it, and the box was partly smooshed. I can only imagine what they're doing with those strut assemblies, brake rotors, and the control arms I'm waiting on.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
I've got a video of a FedEx driver picking his nose knuckle-deep while carrying a box to my porch a few weeks ago, wearing no mask or gloves.
Oh, you gotta post that. :)

A few days later a FedEx driver stopped at the end of my driveway, and literally tossed my RockAuto box out of his door without getting out, leaving the box partially in the road.
Fortunately, this time you literally ordered shock absorbers. :)

(Hey, it's a FedEx joke. It might take you a long time to get it.)

another rimshot followed by more crickets

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Fortunately, this time you literally ordered shock absorbers. :)
KYB/Monroe quick struts are built tough to tolerate pot holes and curbs but FedEx still managed to fracture one of the upper mount bolts from my RA order last month for my son's Highlander. Kudos to RA for sending another strut in a few days. Intact box is never good enough for these guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
Hey, @RockAuto, here's a marketing tip for you. As much as I've loved collecting those cool car refrigerator magnets you've been tossing into the box with each of my orders over the years, at this point I think I'll need to get another refrigerator to accommodate them all.

How about for every $500 of orders you throw in an actual wrench, elegantly embossed with the RockAuto logo? Over the course of the years of being a loyal RockAuto customer, you could collect a whole set. That's how I built up the screwdriver set I got from Texaco, which I still have.

I'd personally be partial to starting off with a 12-point 14mm offset box wrench, the kind Pilot owners need to remove that last gnarly driver's side bolt to change the out of round sway bar bushings in order to cure the common problem of front end clunking at low speeds.

Metric Offset Box Wrench Set, 8 Pc.

Easy to replace front sway bar bushings?

Hey, if you'd like to go all out and give away something really eye-catching and exclusively brand-memorable, how about cool RockAuto embossed horseshoe wrenches? Again, I'd start with a boxed 12-point 14mm one, for reasons stated above. :)

Although the Marketing position looks swell, I think I'll give it a pass. I had a colleague in Japan who was from Madison and while he was indeed pretty hip, in all the seven years we were there he never came out of the closet about being from an isthmus. Those were different times, I suppose. :)

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Maybe if they tape the RA wrench in the box securely. My cool refrigerator magnet was MIA and didn’t survive the trip in the RA shipment box with that big gaping hole. But the quick strut made the trip albeit a fractured mounting bolt.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Hey, @RockAuto, here's a marketing tip for you. As much as I've loved collecting those cool car refrigerator magnets you've been tossing into the box with each of my orders over the years, at this point I think I'll need to get another refrigerator to accommodate them all.

How about for every $500 of orders you throw in an actual wrench, elegantly embossed with the RockAuto logo? Over the course of the years of being a loyal RockAuto customer, you could collect a whole set. That's how I built up the screwdriver set I got from Texaco, which I still have.

I'd personally be partial to starting off with a 12-point 14mm offset box wrench, the kind Pilot owners need to remove that last gnarly driver's side bolt to change the out of round sway bar bushings in order to cure the common problem of front end clunking at low speeds.

Metric Offset Box Wrench Set, 8 Pc.

Hey, if you'd like to go all out and give away something really eye-catching and exclusively brand-memorable, how about cool RockAuto embossed horseshoe wrenches? Again, I'd start with a boxed 12-point 14mm one, for reasons stated above. :)

Although the Marketing position looks swell, I think I'll give it a pass. I had a colleague in Japan who was from Madison and while he was indeed pretty hip, in all the seven years we were there he never came out of the closet about being from an isthmus. Those were different times, I suppose. :)
Tool promo! That's a great idea. And you came up with it without being in WI, USA.
Bachelor degree in marketing?

·
Registered
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Nope, B.Ed. from McGill and Master's from the Sorbonne. And the School of Hard Knocks.
View attachment 136198
Yep,
For me, I can't say I went to school with no shoes, but having been raised on a pig farm, a degree at Harvard was not exactly in the dreams and aspirations. Birthing piglets before catching the school bus by 6:45 am was common.
It was nice when my oldest brother got his license to drive. The 6 cylinder F-150 wouldn't crank half the time. My 2 brothers would push and I would pop the clutch with my butt hanging off the seat using the steering wheel as leverage. I was to small to push being the youngest. What this has to do with not getting a Bachelors degree, I dunno. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
526 Posts
My strut finally arrived yesterday after being on a local FedEx truck and "out for delivery" for 6 days in a row. When it finally got here, the end of the box was badly ripped, the end of the strut mount bolts were sticking out of the box. They don't look damaged, but the bag with the 3 installation flange nuts that was just loose in the bottom of my first strut box was nowhere to be seen in this one, evidently falling out the gaping hole in the box. You'd think KYB or RockAuto would do something better with the little bag of nuts besides throwing them loosely into a huge thin-wall box with inadequate bubblewrap. I've asked them to send me the missing parts, but I've heard nothing back yet.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
Look under the bushes near your front door. :)

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
526 Posts
Naw, I met the delivery driver in the driveway and pointed him to where I wanted him to put the box since it was heavy, bulky and contained the rear struts too. He even said "Sorry it's ripped, hope everything is in there." I'm sure it's somewhere between my house and Minnesota where they shipped from.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.