Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the Veteran's Day Weekend, we took a vacation to the Sauerland Mountains, the heart of which are about 2 hours north of Frankfurt. The Pilot still cruises fine on the autobahn at 100 MPH for those that are concerned :).

Attached below is a picture of our Pilot at Schloss Marburg. The castle begun in the 12th Century residential palace. The town, on the Lahn River, also hosts the world's oldest Protestant University.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Winterberg

In the town of Winterberg, we found parking behind a Nissan X-Trail. A little smaller than the Pilot, but a nice color :) Winterberg is a big ski and bobsledding area popular with the Dutch who find the Alps too far to travel to.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waldeck

The Castle Waldeck above Lake Edersee in Eastern Sauerland. Once a great fortress, it has been turned into a large hotel.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Burg Nordenbeck

On a detour around some construction in the middle of the woods, we ran across Burg Nordenbeck. Built in 1346, it was placed in the middle of stream and had two large moats making a figure 8 surrouding it.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Beautiful pictures. Looks like a lot of fun. Tell me, how often (if ever) do you get questions from Europeans who want to knowwhat you're driving?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the beautiful pictures. I will probably never see otherwise. And I love the color of your pilot. I did not see one when I ordered and was told by the salesperson "its not a nice color". He was so wrong. If fact every pilot I have I have liked the colors alot. What a hard choice.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Awesome pics ...

Thanks, Autobahn ...

PrG

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BuffaloNY said:
Beautiful pictures. Looks like a lot of fun. Tell me, how often (if ever) do you get questions from Europeans who want to knowwhat you're driving?
I get Germans staring all the time. They just can't figure out what it is other than it is a Honda. Since it looks so much like a CR-V, they always do a double take. It is fun watching them do that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm a license plate collector, and I'd be happy to buy one of those USAREUR Euro-lookalike plates when your tour of duty is over. Just PM me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BuffaloNY said:
I'm a license plate collector, and I'd be happy to buy one of those USAREUR Euro-lookalike plates when your tour of duty is over. Just PM me.
Unfortunately, they are accountable items that have to be turned in. I would like to keep them too. Will enjoy driving around on them in the States for 30 days before I have to get state-side plates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts