Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang - my Pilot is creeping up on two weeks old now and has yet to get it's first bath.

I found a big glob of sap on it the other morning and got most of it off with a rag. There is still a bit of it left that is starting to harden.

Any ideas for a gentle removal?

BTW - I've been "dusting" it every morning with a "California Car Duster" - the thing works wonders......it really prolongs the time between washes - especially when combined with garaging it.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
idloveaguinness said:
Hi gang - my Pilot is creeping up on two weeks old now and has yet to get it's first bath.

I found a big glob of sap on it the other morning and got most of it off with a rag. There is still a bit of it left that is starting to harden.

Any ideas for a gentle removal?

BTW - I've been "dusting" it every morning with a "California Car Duster" - the thing works wonders......it really prolongs the time between washes - especially when combined with garaging it.
There are some "off the shelf" cleaners for removal. If you have any kerosene or paint thinner around - and maybe even WD-40 - you may be able to apply a small amount to a rag and soften it up enough for easy removal. Just don't rub very hard as you could damage the clear coat. Follow up with a little auto polish (whatever type you use) and you should be all set!

Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts