Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go! Snapped a couple of shots of my Sandstone EX-L RES tonight. Sorry, but it was already dark outside so we moved it under the MV lights in the service bay. I think the pictures are pretty accurate, but the true color is slightly different. The MV lights make it look more bronzy than it really is, I also see greens and yellows on my monitor that are really part of the color either.

My opinion is the color is definitely NOT like mesa beige. MB has much more golden/yellow in it. Ontario Mike was right it is probably closer to Mojave Mist in tonality, but quite a bit lighter. I would call it a tan metallic.

Anyway, I think these will tell the story better...

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This is proabably the most accurate color shot of them all. I tried to correct it in PS as best I could.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last thoughts...

The first thing I noticed is that the Sandstone color makes it look a bit larger than the other colors. There was a SS right next to it in the lot and when you pulled them away from each other, the Sandstone just looked bigger.

The second thing was a shock to me... we decided to take a quick spin around the block so I hopped in, craned the motor, turned on the head lights, and.....BANG........GREEN...........GREEN everywhere. I was totally unprepared for how green, and how much green comes from the panels and guages. I think part of it had to do with the RES unit. Not that I thought it was bad, just, well, there's a lot of GREEN :eek: Thank goodness I was able to find the dimmer and tone down the disco party :p

So, what do you guys think?:2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sandstone

Threadhead

Looks pretty sharp. Makes me wish I waited... but I have enjoyed the last month and a half with my SS EX.

Good luck with the delivery and happy PILOTING!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thank you

thank you, thank you. I am glad I waited. It is exactly what I wanted the color to be; but was afraid it wouldn't. YOU LUCKY DOG. Thanks again for taking the time to post the pictures.:6:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey thanks Threadhead! I think we'll name our first-born child after you (well, maybe just the middle name!). Now we can go on vacation in peace. I just e-mailed the pictures to my wife, but I think she's going to be very pleased with our decision. Now we just have to wait another month!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow--it is really beautiful!! So beautiful in fact that I am going to call my salesman and see if I can change the color of my car!!!
Congratulations to you, Threadhead. I am glad that you got a chance to see it and most importantly, that you really love it!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SoapPlant said:
I think we'll name our first-born child after you (well, maybe just the middle name!).
The poor child would be doomed to a series of daily swirlies and wedgies:19:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Threadhead said:

The poor child would be doomed to a series of daily swirlies and wedgies:19:
Hey Threadhead. I can't say thanks enough. My wife just called me and she's thrilled with the color. I think that is just what we were looking for. We were back and forth on the colors about a dozen times. We're very pleased with our color decision, and we're going to be very happy with it for a long time. So, now we don't have to worry any more about this, but of course, now my wife is even more anxious for our Pilot to get here. I'm trying to be low-key - less than a month now...

And this color should be really good about not showing the dirt - its sort of dirt-colored the way it is. Since we already have a dark car, and this one is much larger, I think it will be very easy to take care of.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SoapPlant,
I can guarantee you and your wife will not be disappointed. While driving down, I prepared myself to be heartbroken if the color turned out to be some sort of chocolate mocha swirl (yuk). But I was stunned at the depth and subtleties of the sandstone. From the words of my salesman, "we are going to sell a LOT of this color."

As far as the waiting goes, I know, I empathize, I feel your pain.

Now go and enjoy your vacation :2:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Looks real nice Threadhead. Congrats on your new Pilot.

You are right about it not looking like the MB on the MDX. That one which I have seen some on the road looks more gold-ish.

But this one looks good too.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Wow that's pretty sharp ...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jfrano said:
Is there a touch of green in there or is it just the pics?
No green, it's the lights.

·
Registered
698 Posts
THANK YOU !!!

Ohhhhhhhhh thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your photos!

We ordered a Pilot in the Sandstone Metallic and I was desperately wanting to see a photo of the color. Our little Pilot won't be in for a couple weeks, and I have no idea what the color actually looked like. I was a bit apprehensive ordering it blind.

It is beautiful. I can't wait to get mine even MORE now!

YOU ROCK THREADHEAD!

Thanks,
Teresa (smiling):4:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow

Very nice, Threadhead.

You must be one very proud papa!

:p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts