Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Just wanted to share with all of you this. I took my Red Pilot to the dealer and told them about the problem with the leather seats. They looked at the driver seat and which was worse than the pass. seat. The told me to leave the car there, after 4 hours they called me. It was ready. They put more cussion under on the two front seats leaving a slight slope and I think they kind of stretched the leather a little bit. It feels more comfortable.

Fixed of course under the warranty. This is a fast fix. You guys should have it fixed. It would look much better. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
chingon said:
Hey guys, Just wanted to share with all of you this. I took my Red Pilot to the dealer and told them about the problem with the leather seats. They looked at the driver seat and which was worse than the pass. seat. The told me to leave the car there, after 4 hours they called me. It was ready. They put more cussion under on the two front seats leaving a slight slope and I think they kind of stretched the leather a little bit. It feels more comfortable.

Fixed of course under the warranty. This is a fast fix. You guys should have it fixed. It would look much better. Thanks guys.
That is the first saggy leather fix I have heard of.. Great news, I am going to let my seats age a bit first, then will let them try it..

rob

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
chingon said:

could you keep us posted how the fix holds up....:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
chingon said:

Got a question. was this an experiment or was this a factory authorized fix, and do you know if there was a fix for the back seats?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Re: Saggy Leather Fixed.

PilotCrazy said:

Got a question. was this an experiment or was this a factory authorized fix, and do you know if there was a fix for the back seats?
PilotCrazy,

Are your back seats starting to sag already?:eek: Is the third row sagging as well? The sag seems to be on the part of the seat that bears the brunt of the weight:bootyshak :moon:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Saggy Leather Fixed.

Jiaronnis said:

PilotCrazy,

Are your back seats starting to sag already?:eek: Is the third row sagging as well? The sag seems to be on the part of the seat that bears the brunt of the weight:bootyshak :moon:
Yep...The car just broke 9 mos. and the back of the base ( at the angle between the bottom and the back) seems like the foam has collapsed some what. I plan on letting the dealer know at my next oil change. Are you having the same problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, the fix to the saggy leather seats took place in Gardena Honda, County of Los Angeles. The Pilot was purchased at different dealer, but I'm coming to Gardena Honda for services because it closer to me. They fixed it with no questioning or excuses at all.

I had no other seats w/saggy leather. Except the driver seat but they fixed the 2 front seats at once. The back supports of all seats are just like new.

Red EXL Only, Acquired Sep 02, 4200 Miles so far.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Saggy Leather Fixed.

PilotCrazy said:

Yep...The car just broke 9 mos. and the back of the base ( at the angle between the bottom and the back) seems like the foam has collapsed some what. I plan on letting the dealer know at my next oil change. Are you having the same problem?
No, not yet. A carseat is the only permanent passenger for the back seat. But, if it can happen to the front, what's stopping it from happening elsewhere?:3: I wonder if the non-leather third row will suffer the same fate?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saggy Leather Fixed.

Jiaronnis said:

No, not yet. A carseat is the only permanent passenger for the back seat. But, if it can happen to the front, what's stopping it from happening elsewhere?:3: I wonder if the non-leather third row will suffer the same fate?
so far the 3rd seat has been spared.. But i don't think that it's leather. both my kids make good use of the 3rd seat.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saggy Leather Fixed.

PilotCrazy said:

so far the 3rd seat has been spared.. But i don't think that it's leather. both my kids make good use of the 3rd seat.
Yes, you're right PilotCrazy, the third row is colormatched vinyl.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn't know the 3rd row seat was vinyl until I paid close attention to it. Isn't that kind of cheating. It was sold as leather seats. Also, the trim on the doors only trim on the handle is leather but not that on the wall on the doors. That sucks HONDA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually, the brochure on the Pilot specifically said that only the driver, passenger and 2nd row seats are leather. It did not say that the 3rd row was leather.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had my Pilot for over a month now and I haven't noticed any sagging leather yet. I'm hoping my vehicle was spared this problem. How long before I should notice the sagging?

BTW: I'm 6', 200 lbs. I'm sure my butt is big and heavy enough to cause the sagging, if it should occur :)

..Alpha

·
Registered
144 Posts
AlphaPepper said:
I've had my Pilot for over a month now and I haven't noticed any sagging leather yet. I'm hoping my vehicle was spared this problem. How long before I should notice the sagging?

BTW: I'm 6', 200 lbs. I'm sure my butt is big and heavy enough to cause the sagging, if it should occur :)

..Alpha
Hey Alpha,
The sagging started for me about the 3rd month. When i say sagging it sound worse than it really is. It is more like a stretching that is noticible if you have seen the seats when they were brand new. I have shown people the seats and they say that they didn't notice anything.

PilotCrazy

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is my only problem with the Pilot right now. It looks like a huge person has been driving my car around and it has only been me. I have only had my car a month, the seats should not look like they do in only 1 month.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I have had the pilot for a monnt and a half and now the problem if beginnnig to show.

To start of it was just a little shape of the butt on the seat but now the streach marks are appearing where the soft central leatehr meets the outter leather...

I am getting pissed about it :3: :3:

BTW : No starting problem now for a month....:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
saggy leather FYI

Guys, I think if you take a close look at even the front seats, you will find that the part with the holes is actually vinal, not leather. this is the part that sags. I also bought an '03 odyssey for my wife and the seats are indead leather.

Once I discovered this about my pilot I looked at the brocure and found that the it says leather trimmed, not leather.

Sorry to bring about a negative. I love my Pilot...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts