Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard or read if Honda has a fix for the sagging leather and collapsing foam for the front seats?? Looks like my back seats are starting to sag also..

·
Registered
920 Posts
After dealing with this issue since day 1, I am convinced that it is not the leather that is the issue, but the underlying foam that needs to be replaced...

Any takers???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
leather sag photo + that fuzz

Just incase this is unclear to some of you: Here is a photo of the leather sag, I captured it while photographing the fuzz that comes out of the perforation. I hope you can see it. None of this really bothers me, still loving the leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: leather sag photo + that fuzz

74PILOTMOM said:
Just incase this is unclear to some of you: Here is a photo of the leather sag, I captured it while photographing the fuzz that comes out of the perforation. I hope you can see it. None of this really bothers me, still loving the leather.
I think the sag that everyone is concerned with is in the actual seat like this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
yep, got it there too:( not THAT bad yet though

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
yep, got it there too:( not THAT bad yet though
Mine seems to be getting a little worse as the miles click over (6,500+ currently). I just happened to think :8: this morning, do the CDN Pilots suffer from the same problem - since they have heated seats? I know many people have commented on the "sag", but I never paid much attention if they were US or CDN Pilots. Perhaps the CDN Pilot has a little different padding or such?

eh?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: leather sag photo + that fuzz

74PILOTMOM said:
What's with that fuzz? I think that might bother me more than the leather sag. Though leather outsells cloth (in the Pilot), I'm still glad I purchased the cloth seats, which continue to feel comfortable and look good....no sag in sight.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: Re: leather sag photo + that fuzz

Ziploc said:

What's with that fuzz? I think that might bother me more than the leather sag. Though leather outsells cloth (in the Pilot), I'm still glad I purchased the cloth seats, which continue to feel comfortable and look good....no sag in sight.
That fuzz is definitely weird, but it doesn't float around the car or leave stuff on you, just strange. I'm wondering, will it eventually stop, this "Down Jacket effect"? I've only racked up 3,000 miles so far. Any veterans out there with leather, could you shed a little light on this subject? Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Re: leather sag photo + that fuzz

74PILOTMOM said:

That fuzz is definitely weird, but it doesn't float around the car or leave stuff on you, just strange. I'm wondering, will it eventually stop, this "Down Jacket effect"? I've only racked up 3,000 miles so far. Any veterans out there with leather, could you shed a little light on this subject? Thanks :)
74PILOTMOM, I don't recall anyone else on the board mentioning the fuzz. It does remind me of what I've seen coming out of down jackets, but surely the Pilot seats don't contain down. From your photo, it almost looks like delicate, frayed pieces of thread. Did the fuzz start appearing early on, or more recently? Hopefully, it will not get worse and will just stop.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hey Zip-

I noticed it right away actually. The pieces coming out aren't light like down, and I only see them when I look really close. They don't fly around the cabin, or stay on pants-thank goodness. They look like they must be little pieces of the leather that should have been blown out after they perforated it. Not very honda-like in my opinion. But again, not a big deal.
BTW, just saw your Pilot photo...GORGEOUS HOME! Envious here. Ready to move out of my small 1st home, especially after seeing your house! Feeling like white trash here! Wish we had more brick homes around here.
Your Pilot of course is beautiful too. Cool how it looks grey with snow on it, and almost white in the sun. I love that Silver!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
Hey Zip-

I noticed it right away actually. The pieces coming out aren't light like down, and I only see them when I look really close. They don't fly around the cabin, or stay on pants-thank goodness. They look like they must be little pieces of the leather that should have been blown out after they perforated it. Not very honda-like in my opinion. But again, not a big deal.
BTW, just saw your Pilot photo...GORGEOUS HOME! Envious here. Ready to move out of my small 1st home, especially after seeing your house! Feeling like white trash here! Wish we had more brick homes around here.
Your Pilot of course is beautiful too. Cool how it looks grey with snow on it, and almost white in the sun. I love that Silver!
I suspect that the fuzz--and the leather sagging, for that matter--are probably more noticeable to you than they would be to anyone else. No big deal, as you said. Nothing to interfere with your enjoyment of the leather.

Thanks for your nice comments about my house. But, around the Washington Metro area, houses like this are pretty typical production builder homes. It does seem that more brick is routinely used around here than may be the case in other parts of the country. But I like to see other materials and architectural styles, too--and unfortunately, home architecture is not very diverse in this area, mostly variations on Colonial.

I do think we both made a good choice with our SILVER Pilots. But then, I like the other colors, too!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
MG Pilot said:
After dealing with this issue since day 1, I am convinced that it is not the leather that is the issue, but the underlying foam that needs to be replaced...

Any takers???
I agree with you, MG Pilot.

I notice that the Pilot seats are not as supportive as my other car that has leather seating. I would attribute both the leather sag and low comfort seating to poor cushioning. With better (read that firmer) support and better contouring, I suspect that this would not be an issue.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
colorider said:

Mine seems to be getting a little worse as the miles click over (6,500+ currently). I just happened to think :8: this morning, do the CDN Pilots suffer from the same problem - since they have heated seats? I know many people have commented on the "sag", but I never paid much attention if they were US or CDN Pilots. Perhaps the CDN Pilot has a little different padding or such?

eh?
Bump (since I never heard from any of our CDN Piloteers on this)

Eh????
:confused:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The seats in our Pilot have the same "problem" so I don't think it makes any difference if it's a U.S. or Canadian Pilot. We used the seat warmers alot this year and it didn't affect the sagging one way or the other. I did notice one time last fall that when the Pilot sat out in the sun on a hot day the sag was significantly reduced but it came right back after someone sat in the seat.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Scoobs said:
I did notice one time last fall that when the Pilot sat out in the sun on a hot day the sag was significantly reduced but it came right back after someone sat in the seat.
odd....would imagine that it would expand due to the heat and whe sag increases...
unless it is actually made of ice and shows "anomolus expansion" (contracts on heating):D :D (sorry the geek in me awoke)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Scoobs said:
The seats in our Pilot have the same "problem" so I don't think it makes any difference if it's a U.S. or Canadian Pilot. We used the seat warmers alot this year and it didn't affect the sagging one way or the other. I did notice one time last fall that when the Pilot sat out in the sun on a hot day the sag was significantly reduced but it came right back after someone sat in the seat.
Thanks - I just thought MAYBE it had something to do with the lack of heating elements in the US version.

Oh well.... back to the drawing board!!! :confused:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to? :confused:
The drawing stones.:21:

1 - 20 of 167 Posts