Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to closing a deal on an 04, but having a hard time choosing a color. Right now it's between white and SBP, as both are in stock (EX/L).

We currently have a silver F150 and sand/beige Sienna (which will be traded for the Pilot). I like both colors, they hide the dirt and scratches well, and are easy to dry without streaks and spots after washing. However, we want something different so silver and sandstone are out, as are black and blue as they are too dark.

So I guess my question to SBP owners is: how is it at hiding dirt, scratches, streaks, water spots, etc? I've seen clean ones on the lot and they look great, but I'm worried that it will be as hard to care for as black. The white looks sharp and is very low maintenance.

ANY opinions greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
SBP is a dark color, and so is closer to black than white/silver wrt cleaning it. Also, depending on the light conditions (full sun vs partial shade), it looks green or grey. I notice waterspots on it much more than on our silver A4. I love the color, though, and we too were looking for something different. I wash it about every week or so, and am getting ready to apply Zaino this weekend, just to bring out a deeper shine.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Well, we haven't had ours long enough for me to offer expert advice, but it does seem like the dust starts showing up pretty quickly on Sage Brush Pearl, but I think it's worth it.

Didn't I read somewhere that Sage Brush Pearl was the best color ever, with Redrock Pearl a very distant second? Of course, this scientific analyses assumed that you would have chrome bumper garnish and fog lights--that probably goes without saying.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sagebrush is way cool

We saw the sagebrush pearl on our dealer's storage lot and loved it immediately. My first choice would've been charcoal grey. SBP the next best thing. I like how it shifts colors like the print on the new $20 bill. It is harder to keep clean than say, silver. But it's still not as hard as black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a SBP abour 3 weeks ago, and I love it...both the the color and the vehicle. AS with any darker colored car, the water spots show up easily. However, when clean there's nothing like it. Waxing may be a little trickier that on lighter-colored vehicles. As mentionned by my fellow SBP owners in earlier posts, the SPB color is unique in the sense that it actually seems to change color depending on lighting conditions: in full sunlight -it's charcoal grey. At dusk it seems to change its hue to a more olive-green color. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all they replys. I think we've settled on the white. Looks pretty sharp on the Pilot.

Now, if we can only get these Denver dealers to move off of MSRP we might get somewhere...:(

·
Registered
49 Posts
We have a 2003 SBP EX-L. I wanted to get black color but wife wanted SBP. So, we got that. I'm okay with it. When its clean its nice but it does show dust easily.
Dealer said this was the hottest color for Pilot!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
We agonized between SBP and the forest green (which I think is no longer available in the '04s). We decided on SBP (after we saw the green in the showroom under fluorescent lights - yuck) and we're glad we did. It's a cool color and we get a lot of compliments.

I don't know what color real sage brush is and this sage brush is no different. In direct Sun light, it looks dark metallic blue; in overcast it looks like a very dark teal or green. Close up you can see flecks of green, blue, and even pink.

But you got to want to keep it clean. I think it shows the dirt even more than the black, but when it's clean, man it gleams. If you don't want the dirt to show up, you have to get the Sandstone.

White is ..., well, white is white.

JMHO

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hey Browntrout

I live in the Denver area and ended up buying my PILOT in Las Vegas - but that was because none of the dealers in the Denver area had a Sagebrush Pearl EX for sale. This was in September '02.

The Denver area dealers then had a 6 to 8-month waiting list, so I guess you can consider yourself lucky in that respect, that you can actually get one when you want it.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Hey Browntrout

PILOTinginCO said:
The Denver area dealers then had a 6 to 8-month waiting list, so I guess you can consider yourself lucky in that respect, that you can actually get one when you want it.
Thanks. So far it's looking like about $800 off MSRP and getting decent price for my trade. This is on an in-stock unit, so I may take it. Not sure it's worth haggling with more dealers and prolonging the process to save another $500 or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts