Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's available yet??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! I can finally fix the dings and scratches my baby suffered parked on DC Streets. It's about time!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I picked up a bottle a few months ago from a shop online. After a nasty run in with a hub cap that popped off a car in front of me on the beltway. It works great on small gashes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
any tips on applying touch up paint?

Everytime I've used touch up paint, It looks as if I took some nail polish to cover up the scratch. Dunno what's better looking the scratch by itself or with it covered in nail polish.

·
Registered
449 Posts
My best result came from building up the paint higher than the surrounding area, then taking it back down with light compounds, buffing it back up to a shine and waxing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen some scratch fillers on the market. Sounds like they'll do the same thing. I'm considering buying an aerosol airbrush to touch up my scratches. Any experiences with either?

·
Registered
725 Posts
To RUFIO:

Here's my advice on larger dings and scrapes. First, apply a very thin coat of the touch up paint and wait one day to let it dry. The next day, so the same thing (only over the scratch or scrape) and you'll be pleased with the results...... at least I have been.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you guys considered the "touch up" pen by Autovisuals at http://www.autovisuals.com/ It's a bit more expensive but IMO, well worth it. I just used it today on my Starlight Silver EX and it came out really well. Just a thought.:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info kbusaf. It sounds like the touch up pen I got with my kitchen cabinets. AND they have Sagebrush Pearl! I think I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: H and A charges $7.00

sfhondapilot said:
Thanks for the link. The one shown in the link is different than the one I purchased at the Honda dealer for my MDX, it actually looks better. I paid $12.00 in Canada and assumed it would be about $10.00 US..WRONG.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts