Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This picture may show why Sage Brush Pearl is so difficult to photograph.

Note the different colors of metalflake in the paint. This is what gives the polychromatic effect; the color you perceive depends on the "lighting."

Enjoy.

Best regards,

Walt

PS This roof dent is shown in context in the VIN thread. The car is being replaced by the dealer because if it and two other related roof dents.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Ordinary_Guy said:
This is what gives the polychromatic effect; the color you perceive depends on the "lighting."
In sunlight, it looks dark blue; in overcast more green or dark teal; and sometiimes it looks neutral, dark silver metalic, or pewter.:3:

·
Registered
342 Posts
It must truly be the Car Of Many Colors!

Must use paint like this .

I just painted some shelves for my kids with the stuff. It changes color as you walk past it.

Spooky...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Ordinary_Guy said:
This picture may show why Sage Brush Pearl is so difficult to photograph.

Note the different colors of metalflake in the paint. This is what gives the polychromatic effect; the color you perceive depends on the "lighting."

Enjoy.

Best regards,

Walt

PS This roof dent is shown in context in the VIN thread. The car is being replaced by the dealer because if it and two other related roof dents.
Man, that's both a very interesting and very instructive photograph. Sometimes, you have to look VERY closely to dissect how the polychromatic effect is achieved. Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I remember someone saying the metallic flecks were pink and teal, and it didn't seem possible, but there it is!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I love my Starlight Silver, but I truly think the Sagebrush is the most Beautiful Pilot color out there. I think it's 1/2 chameleon-you could mistake it for another color when the weather changes. I saw my first one in sunlight 2 days ago- GORGEOUS!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reminds me of the colors offered by Honda on the original Ohio-produced ('82) Accords:

Wan White
Bland Beige
---and--
Mundane Blue

Honda has come a loooong way in twenty years!

Best regards,

Walt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
tracy said:
I remember someone saying the metallic flecks were pink and teal, and it didn't seem possible, but there it is!
Thank goodness for that pic! Everyone thought I was nuts! Who'da thunk it, pink & teal? :4:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Has anyone with Sage had to use touch-up paint yet? Wondering if it covers well.

Also, is insurance more for the Sage? Sometimes difficult paint colors bring a higher premium.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great questions!

I predict:

No.

...and no, at least for my company (AMICA).

Best regards,

Walt

PS As an Oldsmobile salesman told me in 1962 when I pointed out the Starfire convertible's stainless steel front seatbacks, positioned perfectly for one's rear-seat-belted torso to pivot one's face into when an accident happened, "Don't have an accident."

JungleJim said:
Has anyone with Sage had to use touch-up paint yet? Wondering if it covers well.

Also, is insurance more for the Sage? Sometimes difficult paint colors bring a higher premium.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
JungleJim said:

I asked if the Sagebrush touch-up paint was available right after I picked my Pilot up and dealer told me it wasn't available yet. :rolleyes: I suppose it is now (if it wasn't even then).

Nothing about the paint affected the insurance cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts