Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I haven't bought my Silver EX-L yet (July), I'm constantly looking for others on the road. While Driving to work today, I saw an awesome looking white Pilot EX with bigger tires and chrome rims, fog lights (they were on and it was sunny) running boards, and some of the moulding on the side was chrome. I'm telling you, after seeing this it makes me want July to get here NOW! Any chance that Sacramento white Pilot checks out this forum???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I bet that chrome was the bumper garnish. STUPID name, but it looks pretty cool. It's a honda accessory that you can have them put on for you. Good luck with Pilot shopping, you'll love her!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pilotmom,

Now that you mention it, the chrome was by the rear bumper. I didn't notice if it was up towards the front...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Congratulations!

rdy2tk3...

Great hearing from another Piloteer on the West coast. We are in Reno and drive a White Pilot (not as dressed as the one you saw).

Let us know when you are coming over the hill and we can have a Starbucks and swap Pilot stories.

Don & Brenda

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Bumper Garnish 1

rdy2tk3 said:
Thanks Pilotmom,

Now that you mention it, the chrome was by the rear bumper. I didn't notice if it was up towards the front...
...even if you didn't notice if the chrome was up front or not, here is a nice picture of Twinkie the Kid's Pilot with the chrome bumper garnish up front (and side steps)...

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wow!!

That chrome looks GREAT...Guess I know where my next xtra $$$ are going..lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lovin' the chrome!

Dandbtucker, will advise on my next trip to "The Biggest Little City in America." Won't get the Pilot till July though :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
DO you have the Pilot on order or you'll get the funding in July? Roseville and Folsom AutoMalls' prices are pretty high. Try Elk Grove Honda, Vacaville, or even Galt to get the best prices.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Seen it on Silver?

I'm torn I love chrome extras...but on Silver?
I want Chrome Sidesteps too, but think the black accents will make it looks like a battle between cheap and fancypants. I DO like the chromed emblems on it though.

Looks GORGEOUS on TWINKIE'S NBP! My fellow Washingtonian has impeccable taste. Can't let my husband see this, he wanted Black so BAD. :8:I just wanted a Pilot and Silver is what was "incoming" so I snagged it. :8: Love SS of course.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Seen it on Silver?

74PILOTMOM said:
I'm torn I love chrome extras...but on Silver?
I want Chrome Sidesteps too, but think the black accents will make it looks like a battle between cheap and fancypants. I DO like the chromed emblems on it though.

me too...I love the look for crome sidesteps with crome front grille on the silver....watch out for ML320s with this configuration...you will love its looks :D ;)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I bet, but if we could only get a chrome grill for our Pilot!

Even just a little chrome integrated like the new 'V?

I'd love that!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funding for Pilot will come in July. Trying to save to keep payments low (only way wife lets me buy a new vehicle). I thought Elk Grove Honda was charging over MSRP? I haven't checked in 3 months. I know Auto West in Roseville is charging MSRP...

I won't put the chrome bumper garnish on silver though. I agree with Pilotmom...need a silver grille at least

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Bumper Garnish 3

SoapPlant also has the chrome bumper garnish on the Havasu Blue, as well as the side steps, lower trim with fog lights, and the bug deflector...

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: Bumper Garnish 1

kemosabe said:

...even if you didn't notice if the chrome was up front or not, here is a nice picture of Twinkie the Kid's Pilot with the chrome bumper garnish up front (and side steps)...
This was self-installed. For those considering, it's not too bad of a job. The worst part was drilling the 12 holes in the plastic bumper cover with a hole saw. If you can stomach that thought, it can be installed by yourself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts