Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I wanted to know if any Californians have purchased their extended warranty through Saccucci, and how their experience has been. It seems too good to be true, that an extended warranty can be sold so much cheaper as compared to my local Honda. Tempted to cancel and buy from Saccucci. What am I missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not from CA, but I bought Honda Care extended warranties for both my 2012 Pilot and 2018 CRV thru Saccucci. It is legit Honda Warranty. I have used it on my Pilot. The price was a third of the price my dealer wanted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How much did they ask for the warranty? My dealer is asking $1800 + tax for 6 yr 72K miles. How do you contact Saccucci?

·
Registered
207 Posts
We paid $2000 for a full 10yr / 100k HondaCare warranty on our 2019 Touring through our dealer - Folsom Lake Honda in California.

AAA Insurance also offered the same warranty & price, but it wasn't HondaCare.

Since we get a new car every +-10 years, the Pilot will be problem free when we sell it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What about in Canada? I believe Honda Care in Canada is called Honda Plus... is there a cheaper place to buy it? because Honda Canada (honda.ca) only does a maximum of 8 years for $3828.00 Pretty expensive for sure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How much did they ask for the warranty? My dealer is asking $1800 + tax for 6 yr 72K miles. How do you contact Saccucci?
Google Saccucci and check their website. There is the extended Honda Care section, you can e-mail from there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We paid $2000 for a full 10yr / 100k HondaCare warranty on our 2019 Touring through our dealer - Folsom Lake Honda in California.

AAA Insurance also offered the same warranty & price, but it wasn't HondaCare.

Since we get a new car every +-10 years, the Pilot will be problem free when we sell it.
I don't think Honda Care offers 10 year warranties, It maxes out at 8 years 120K miles. Sounds like it is a dealer 2nd party warranty.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi - I wanted to know if any Californians have purchased their extended warranty through Saccucci, and how their experience has been. It seems too good to be true, that an extended warranty can be sold so much cheaper as compared to my local Honda. Tempted to cancel and buy from Saccucci. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Seems like that's just more or less the actual price of the warranty without the additional "for profit" pieces. Saccucci seems to sell to California, unlike Hyannis, and as far as I can tell it should work just fine -- I received the official registration booklet and other related information from Honda shortly after purchasing the Honda Care extended warranty through them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks!
Back in 2017, I got my 2017 Pilot Elite (in Sacramento). I purchased Honda Care through College Hills Honda. It was 8 yrs/120k mi for $1300. Lynn Arney was easy to work with. Did everything via email. She's still there. She'll provide you with a quote. It was much cheaper than what the dealership offered. Plus the dealer's Honda Warranty was through a third party.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just bought a used 2017 Pilot with 48,000kms. Added Canadian Honda plus.
7 years 160,000kms. I got it $388 off Honda.ca corp web site pricing. If you think about it....it includes Honda's Road side assistance. If I got CAA instead thats maybe $89 a year plus tax. So $500 savings after 5 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts