Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It would be nice to get a Motorcraft FL-1A filter in there but I don't think that will happen/fit. I'm pretty sure the original size filter is plenty good.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,568 Posts
What is wrong with the normal sized filter? Is there something that leads you to believe it isn't good enough?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
It will fit.
I use Wix 51334XP. It's 16% more capacity.
Don't forget to pre fill.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,843 Posts
Whats the pressure rating for S2000 filter? Is it the same as the OEM 3Gen Honda filter?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Whats the pressure rating for S2000 filter? Is it the same as the OEM 3Gen Honda filter?
It be intresting to know if that information can be found directly from Honda. All I did is cross reference other filters that were acceptable to use. The Wix website says it's filter recommended for a Honda Pilot has a bypass valve rating of 8-11 psi.

·
Administrator
4,843 Posts
It be intresting to know if that information can be found directly from Honda. All I did is cross reference other filters that were acceptable to use. The Wix website says it's filter recommended for a Honda Pilot has a bypass valve rating of 8-11 psi.
I think it should be on the boxes, but I could be wrong.

·
Administrator
4,843 Posts

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
This post might be of interest:
OIL and Filter Recommendation please
(The post is from a long time member of this forum whose information I trust completely.)
I'm not knocking it. I'm sure it will do the job for a 5k mile oil change. I think the Wix 51334XP has it beat. Made with synthetic fibers.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
I'm not knocking it. I'm sure it will do the job for a 5k mile oil change. I think the Wix 51334XP has it beat. Made with synthetic fibers.
Is there any info from Wix proving that their XP filter outperforms the Honda PCX filter, or are you just speculating.?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Is there any info from Wix proving that their XP filter outperforms the Honda PCX filter, or are you just speculating.?
The made in the USA WIX XP is built very well and the filter itself is synthetic fiber. I believe it's better.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
The made in the USA WIX XP is built very well and the filter itself is synthetic fiber. I believe it's better.
Have you ever seen the Honda PCX filter?
Are all of your "shop rags" full synthetic - or is there some natural fiber content in them?
Is all of the food you eat and the beverages you drink full synthetic, as well?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Have you ever seen the Honda PCX filter?
Are all of your "shop rags" full synthetic - or is there some natural fiber content in them?
Is all of the food you eat and the beverages you drink full synthetic, as well?
The old cellulose fiber filter works fine, I prefer a filter that is made for longer life.
If you like a bargain on a Honda 15400-PLM-A01, Aliexpress will fix you right up. Buy in bulk, you might get a better deal.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
At the moment, I'm using the Honda 15400-RTA-003 oil filter.
No problem, we can make any number you like.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
How much for one filter, including shipping?
If you want just one cheap, Ebay maybe? But it does make me suspicious of the Honda filter sold at O'Reilly's.

It just seems the safer choice would be a Wix 51334XP.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
If you want just one cheap, Ebay maybe? But it does make me suspicious of the Honda filter sold at O'Reilly's.
View attachment 147274
It just seems the safer choice would be a Wix 51334XP.
Majestic Honda sells the 'A02' filter for $5.48.
College Hills sells the 'A02' filter for $6.13.

If buying at O'Reilly, I'd probably choose the Bosch filter for $9.99 - after all, it has synthetic-blend filter media.
The Bosch has 99% filtration efficiency and can hold up to 14g of "engine damaging particles".
What's the rating of the Wix XP filter?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts