Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the strength to raise the hood and install the S-VCM device yesterday on my recently acquired 2013 Honda Pilot 4WD. The leaking disc in my back is proving to be an activity suppressor. I hope the fix the doctor has planned works as well as the S-VCM.

The instructions warned of a possible check engine light. Mine never came on and has not thrown a code. So far, so good.

It traveled almost 400 miles today form Atlanta to Oxford Mississippi, with no reports of any odd occurrences. I am glad to be effectively rid of VCM.

By the way, it truly was plug and play. I needed a 10MM wrench (the rarest of all wrenches) to pull a nut off the battery connector to hook up the electrical connector for the S-VCM.

To be sure, I ain't saying this is the best solution. I had to pick one, so I went with this one as a start.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Best solution as far as I'm concerned....

Did you have VCM-related issues prior? Please post any thoughts on the effect on mileage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I finally got the strength to raise the hood and install the S-VCM device yesterday on my recently acquired 2013 Honda Pilot 4WD. The leaking disc in my back is proving to be an activity suppressor. I hope the fix the doctor has planned works as well as the S-VCM.

The instructions warned of a possible check engine light. Mine never came on and has not thrown a code. So far, so good.

It traveled almost 400 miles today form Atlanta to Oxford Mississippi, with no reports of any odd occurrences. I am glad to be effectively rid of VCM.

By the way, it truly was plug and play. I needed a 10MM wrench (the rarest of all wrenches) to pull a nut off the battery connector to hook up the electrical connector for the S-VCM.

To be sure, I ain't saying this is the best solution. I had to pick one, so I went with this one as a start.

Excellent ! Glad it worked. I'm waiting for mine to arrive any day. Will install and report back on here. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts