Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD w Navi
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to all who recommended I modify the VCM in my 2008 Pilot. I ordered an S-VCM dongle from S-VCM Controller - Disable VCM / deactivate VCM and stop ECO in Honda Acura which shipped from Quebec, took about a week for delivery. Installed in about 15 minutes, took the car out for a test drive and the difference in incredible. Previously, I was noticing some hesitation when accelerating from a full stop, and also what I would describe as a little unevenness in the engine's responsiveness overall. Now I can feel the full power of the V6 torque, consistent and responsive at all times.

For anyone interested in installing S-VCM in your 1st generation Pilot but you don't know your way around the engine, I thought I'd provide a little info above and beyond the instructions that come with the device to help streamline the process. It's very simple.
  • Remove the plastic engine cover, which is pretty straightforward.
  • You should NOT disconnect your battery. Some people might get nervous about the idea of connecting the controller wire to their positive battery post, but don't worry, you're fine.
  • Locate ECT sensor #1, which is near the big radiator hoses. You can find a helpful thread about locating the ECT sensors here: ECT replacement. It's part (B) in this diagram posted a few years ago by user plplplpl:

• Here's a picture of mine all connected (before I tied everything down with the included zip ties) so you can see exactly where ECT 1 is (circled red):

After that, the instructions should be clear enough. I couldn't find any info on this forum or on YouTube specifically for installing S-VCM on a 1st gen Pilot, so I hope this helps the next piloteer who is tired of the rough ride!

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Nice Post.

I have installed the SVCM on my 08, and 15 Pilots.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,194 Posts
Always nice when a member pays it forward by post a real world how-to with pics. (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts