Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the S-VCM Controller in early January 2020, before leaving on a trip from Pennsylvania to Arizona for my 2012 Honda Pilot. It worked fine going across the country but yesterday my temp gauge has dropped to the lowest cold reading while driving at 40 mph with the outside air temp in the low 70's. It eventually returned to a normal reading but today while driving back to Tucson the gauge again dropped to the lowest level (where the needle would be with the key removed from the ignition) and stayed there for the entire trip home, about 45 minutes. The outside temperature in Tucson this past week has averaged in the low 70's. Has anybody ever had this happen to them with this controller or any other similar device?
Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
:oops: Watching....

Something similar happened to me yesterday (VCMTuner 1.0), but the opposite. I was sitting in a drive-thru, and after getting back on the road, the ECO light came on. It normally only does this on the hottest days of the year, it was odd to see it on a 68 degree day.... first I can remember.

You situation would bother me MUCH more. I'd contact the manufacturer... that has to be sending the wrong signal. Would be good to see the temps from the computer using a reader.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manufacturer is going to send me a new one. Unfortunately I am in Arizona, so will have to endure the ECO light for the remainder of my stay (about 4000 miles of VCM). My guess is that the device I received has a defect and is being affected by the higher temps here in Arizona, since it worked fine on my drive cross country where the temp was in the 40's. I will leave it connected on the way home to see how it reacts. If my cooling system is in good shape otherwise, can I assume that if the temp gauge drops to zero the the engine is still being cooled properly?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts