Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note that this is topic is under general discussion because the claim is based on a 2014 Accord (Touring) and should not be automatically applied to a 3rd Gen Pilot or any other Pilot.

A family member returned to me their S-VCM device, claiming it caused the enginge to "almost die" when accelerating from a stop. After the device was removed they claim the vehicle no longer does this. Is the ECU being tricked to 165.2°F causing sudden acceleration to be governed?
What say you?

·
Registered
813 Posts

This other person is having the same issue as your family member I think. Seems like only some people are having this issue. Maybe it could be from driving in ECON mode.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This other person is having the same issue as your family member I think. Seems like only some people are having this issue. Maybe it could be from driving in ECON mode.
Ah, maybe so. But that also proves a lower temp reading has a governing effect?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
I sure am glad I haven't felt the need to delete the VCM on my 08 or 15-- yet.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it could be from driving in ECON mode.
I sure am glad I haven't felt the need to delete the VCM on my 08 or 15-- yet.
If I drove around eco mode all the time I just want to get rid of the whole vehicle. Lol. I'm hoping that was the cause. Maybe some can test the theory.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I’m not sure if the Pilot does this, but some other cars rev higher when the engine is cold so it can warm up faster. Maybe the Pilot could be doing something like that which is causing the weird issues.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,575 Posts
Our 2013 you can’t tell when the VCM engages. The light shows up but there’s no hesitation. The 2008 is horrible and I think it’s because the previous owner replaced all the motor mounts and didn’t use the active mounts as replacements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts