Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,165 Posts
I don't see the Rutheniums on Rock Autos site?

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I don't see the Rutheniums on Rock Autos site?
Ha!
Guess their out of stock or don't make them for your year model?
Your OE NGK Laser Iridium is at a decent price at $8.12 ea.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ha!
Guess their out of stock or don't make them for your year model?
Your OE NGK Laser Iridium is at a decent price at $8.12 ea.
They ARE listed for my 15 though? Different plugs on different years, same basic motor? What in the ?

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
They ARE listed for my 15 though? Different plugs on different years, same basic motor? What in the ?
Yes, different plugs for different year models.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There was a time when OE plug electrodes were copper, then they went to platinum, now iridium.
I have another car in the stable that had OEM NGK iridium plugs from the factory, with a 100K mile replacement interval. A few years later they revised the OEM plugs to NGK Platinum and reduced the replacement interval to 60K, then changed to Bosch platinum but kept the 60K mile replacement.

My first experience with iridium plug replacement at high mileage intervals was on my 03 K24 Accord. At 105K miles I replaced them per Honda's specification. The old plugs looked like old plugs and weren't as shiny and clean as the new ones but I didn't suffer any performance issues. I installed the new plugs and the car ran exactly as well as it did before the replacement. I recently replaced my Pilot's plugs just under 105K miles and they were exactly the same. I was expecting the #1-3 plugs to be dark because of the VCM issues however they were no different and looked almost exactly the same as the #4-6 plugs.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Why would that be though? The motor is the same/similar?
Different numbered J Series engines although mostly the same are slightly different in some ways.
Just checked the NGK website. They do not make a Ruthenium spark plug for a 2008 Pilot.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I have purchased the spark plugs from Advance Auto Parts with 20% discount. But I saw same spark plugs on RockAutos and also for better price but shipping.
Yes, I seem to find myself back on RockAuto for a lot of my purchases. O'Reillys hates to see me walk in the door anyway since I'm always asking for a price match. Sometimes they tell me they can't go RockAuto low.

·
Registered
600 Posts
According to Rock Auto's online ordering deamon they are in stock for my 2012 and the same plugs work for Honda Pilots from 2009 thru 2019. Didn't check for pre 2009, sorry. I wasn't able to order 6, only 4 or 8. I guess they come in boxes of 4 and they don't want to break up a box. If anyone is ordering from RA, you can get 4 instead of 8 like I did and I'll work you a good deal on 2. Or I guess I could order another box of 4 and be set for the next 200000 miles. lol.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
According to Rock Auto's online ordering deamon they are in stock for my 2012 and the same plugs work for Honda Pilots from 2009 thru 2019. Didn't check for pre 2009, sorry. I wasn't able to order 6, only 4 or 8. I guess they come in boxes of 4 and they don't want to break up a box. If anyone is ordering from RA, you can get 4 instead of 8 like I did and I'll work you a good deal on 2. Or I guess I could order another box of 4 and be set for the next 200000 miles. lol.

View attachment 143465
You can order singles. Click the drop down box on the quantity.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
No Ruthies for me!

Thank you for helping to keep capitalism great.
Their prices on spark plugs, even if they did a buy 5 get 1 free, they still don't beat RockAuto.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Thanks. Hopefully I’ll remember that when I order them again twenty years from now.
Ooops.
NGK Ruthenium 96358. Someone out here in Piloteer land might help you out. There is the Classified section you could list them. 😶

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ooops.
NGK Ruthenium 96358. Someone out here in Piloteer land might help you out. There is the Classified section you could list them. 😶
No prob. I was able to cancel the order. I went back in to order 6 one- sies but the price per each went up. Natch!

How is the forum discount enabled? Is there a code or secret door?

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
No prob. I was able to cancel the order. I went back in to order 6 one- sies but the price went up. Natch.
View attachment 143468

How is the forum discount enabled? Is there a code or secret door?
Yes, enter the 5% off code in the box "How Did You Hear About Us?" Click your shipping box for the discount to be calculated in before submitting payment.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes, enter the 5% off code in the box "How Did You Hear About Us?" Click your shipping box for the discount to be calculated in before submitting payment.
Thanks, it became a game. I ordered a box of 4 at the lower price and two onesies at the higher unit price, added slowest shipping, sucked down the cool forum 5% with my decoder ring, they taxed it so that vaporized ... sooooo ....
in otherwords, it was a cool video game but I have no idea what I paid. I've bought houses with less financial heranging.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Thanks, it became a game. I ordered a box of 4 at the lower price and two onesies at the higher unit price, added slowest shipping, sucked down the cool forum 5% with my decoder ring, they taxed it so that vaporized ... sooooo ....
in otherwords, it was a cool video game but I have no idea what I paid. I've bought houses with less financial heranging.
Lol
Ya, tax, shipping takes some of your savings, but still, after you divide it out, you still save big buying from RA.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts