Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Rust???

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bengelking 
#1 ·
There was a spot b/t the rear bumber and quarter panel that had some debris under the paint. Some sort of glue, grease, I don't know. It was visible from virtually any angle on the car.

Hence, I took a small knife and scraped off this excess stuff. In the process, because the stuff was painted over, there appears to be exposed metal.

I need your opinions...

If left alone, will this area about 1 inch long rust? Or, should I have the dealer put some touch-up paint on it? Keep in mind, the exposed part is on the very edge of the metal quarter panel, not visible unless looking very closely from the ground up.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
It's right along the rear quarter panel edge. Hence, you cannot even see it from anywhere but below. BUT, this is because I was able to scrape off the junk that was underneath. So, now that you cannot see the junk, it looks fine. Of course, I order to scrape off the stuff, some paint had to go as well. Hence, my prob. I don't really want them to paint the entire quarter, or even pull the bumper for that matter. I think an experienced body man could easily touch-up the area.

The problems begin when you start having them remove sections of the car and repainting stuff...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.