Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow owners. I’ve ran in to this issue on my 2021 Honda Pilot special edition that my spindle steering knuckle has rust on front driver side and from passenger side. Is there anyway that a dealership can fix this. I’ve owned my Pilot about a month now with. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello fellow owners. I’ve ran in to this issue on my 2021 Honda Pilot special edition that my spindle steering knuckle has rust on front driver side and from passenger side. Is there anyway that a dealership can fix this. I’ve owned my Pilot about a month now with. Thanks. View attachment 146971 View attachment 146970
That’s normal surface rust, mine looked exactly the same as yours when i first bought mine.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Wish mine looked that shiny underneath and I use Krown rust proofing cause we live in the salty north.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My 2020 has that too since new. I figured it's on both sides so it must be normal.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
182 Posts
Nothing to worry about, surface rust. It stems from how they made the piece (cast metal).

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's normal. That part is not painted. Nothing to worry about. enjoy your pilot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would not say that is normal, but awful. Honda should have painted that part. My CRV never rusted like that. :-(

My 2021 has rusted too..

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
182 Posts
I would not say that is normal, but awful. Honda should have painted that part. My CRV never rusted like that. :-(

My 2021 has rusted too..
Agreed! Or teamed the chemical composition of the steel to prevent this.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hello fellow owners. I’ve ran in to this issue on my 2021 Honda Pilot special edition that my spindle steering knuckle has rust on front driver side and from passenger side. Is there anyway that a dealership can fix this. I’ve owned my Pilot about a month now with. Thanks.
FLUID FILM!!!!!......... https://amzn.to/3tgj7Zh

Not too many things as good as this product. Easy to apply and works very well. I do the entire underside of my cars and trucks. Lawn Mowers, snowblower, boat trailer. I have a 2008 Saab 9-3 with practically no rust on the undercarriage or any of the components. Dam near everything metal I have outside is sprayed with it

I spray our AC units at the beach house. Neighbors will rust out in 3-4 years, ours will last 8-10 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts