Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm setting up my 2011 Honda Pilot to function as a mini-camper for summer trips. I don't want to do anything too permanent in the setup so I can swap it back and forth between camper and regular SUV. For a trip this summer, I'm planning on mounting some Goal Zero solar panels to a roof basket, but I'm not sure about how to run the cable inside to my Goal Zero Yeti without drilling a hole in the roof - really really don't want to have to do that. I found a video of someone removing the antenna (for replacement) in about 30 minutes. Would it be possible to run the cable through the antenna hole? If I could leave the antenna in place and run the cable through the hole along with the other wiring, that would be ideal, but I could just remove the antenna for this trip in order to have access to the hole too I suppose. Or does anyone have a better suggestion?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Set yourself up like you were going to install a roof Led light bar ..If you have the roof rack tap into the side of one of the Pillars to run the wire .. build the harness with a weather tight male - female plug . This will allow you to disconnect the connection to the Solar panel during the off season months. This would still be a permanent install BUT it would allow you to remove the solar panel whenever you choose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts